New Schecter Models Megathread

ian540s

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Have a piccy of them all with the headstocks, then!

View attachment 119760
Thank you, sir! So, yes, the typical Shecter #x# headstock but a bit of a paint swoosh on there to add something. Not my favorite headstock, although it's super close to PRS, which I think is fine.
In general, when I find a guitar with a veneer top I like, I have a hard time actually finding one to buy with a decent enough top to pull the trigger on. Product shots always look the best, but these look really nice though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Looking forward to these all of the cheap Mayo's that will be for sale soon on the secondhand market

OldMate

Riff Pig
Reaction score
Yep, 100% getting the 7 string. Wonder these will hit shelves
Aaron Marshall's models took a while but it kinda feels like these might roll around sooner rather than later, what with Browney putting his end-of-endorsement with Mayo on the record. Could be a NAMM announcement maybe? Possibly sooner...

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
Aaron Marshall's models took a while but it kinda feels like these might roll around sooner rather than later, what with Browney putting his end-of-endorsement with Mayo on the record. Could be a NAMM announcement maybe? Possibly sooner...
The first batch should arrive at Sch HQ this week, official announcement wasn’t meant to be until Monday.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Not in today's bizzaro world used market.

Prices are starting to become a little more sane, there's quite a bit of quality gear available at the moment. New prices are definitely fucked though

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Thank you, sir! So, yes, the typical Shecter #x# headstock but a bit of a paint swoosh on there to add something. Not my favorite headstock, although it's super close to PRS, which I think is fine.
In general, when I find a guitar with a veneer top I like, I have a hard time actually finding one to buy with a decent enough top to pull the trigger on. Product shots always look the best, but these look really nice though.
There’s more to that “swoosh” than might appear. It’s actually carved - those black parts sit lower than the colored veneer.

Whether that’s a good thing or not, I’ll let you be the judge.

Last edited:

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score

Attachments

• SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Body-Angle-2.jpg
    SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Body-Angle-2.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 78
  • SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Body-Angle-3.jpg
    SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Body-Angle-3.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 79
  • SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Body-Angle.jpg
    SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Body-Angle.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 74
  • SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Back-Angle.jpg
    SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Back-Angle.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 74
  • SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Neck-Back.jpg
    SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Neck-Back.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 69
  • SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Body-Angle-Headstock-Back.jpg
    SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Body-Angle-Headstock-Back.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 70
  • SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Tilt.png
    SCH-GTR-464-Schecter-John-Browne-Tao-8-Satin-Trans-Purple-Tilt.png
    367.1 KB · Views: 75

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Mmmm you sure? Most of them I guess use a lateral binding just to avoid this
I'm no expert, but I have seen it on this guitar (I own the 7-string version), see the area near the neck joint. From the specs I know it's a quilt veneer. I don't think Ormsby is the first one doing this, seen it b4, just this is the easiest example I could recall.

EDIT: Even if it is cosmetic, I think it looks much better than when it's not there.

Attachments

• run15-41.jpg
    run15-41.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 91

Zado

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I have seen it on this guitar (I own the 7-string version), see the area near the neck joint. From the specs I know it's a quilt veneer. I don't think Ormsby is the first one doing this, seen it b4, just this is the easiest example I could recall.

EDIT: Even if it is cosmetic, I think it looks much better than when it's not there.
That's not what I see on regular importa tho, but looks very cool indeed

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Made in S. Korea, open HS-style locking tuners. Anderton's pages have more pics: https://www.andertons.co.uk/schecter-john-browne-tao-8-electric-guitar-purple
Only downside for me is the lack of real top (in terms of thickness), other manufacturers add plain maple tops under the veneer, makes it look much better IMHO.
I just love the fact that we're getting a 27" scale 7-string again. I think the last one (not counting multiscale) was the Banshee series, no?

cip 123

Reaction score
I just love the fact that we're getting a 27" scale 7-string again. I think the last one (not counting multiscale) was the Banshee series, no?
I believe it was only the Gloss natural Banshee elite for some reason that was 27". Everything else has been 26.5" for a long time.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Mmm, my guitar rack is perfectly filled out right now between 3 guitars and 2 basses, nor do I need an 7-string for anything besides variety, but that could be one that makes it in.

')