New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
Legit gear. Are these guys YouTubers as well?
FB-IMG-1705344754026.jpg

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
It's like Schecter took @narad's hate of the ESP 12th fret and said, "could we make one that makes more people hate it just as much?"

It'd look infinitely better if it was a Floyd vs six point team, blocks ALL the way down, and get that pup selector where it belongs on the guard.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
It's like Schecter took @narad's hate of the ESP 12th fret and said, "could we make one that makes more people hate it just as much?"
It could always be worse:

diuyp237zuuucsiyrnrp.jpg

I never understood the hate for the ESP 12'th fret inlay until I saw this guitar. It's a great looking guitar (even the headstock doesn't ruin this one) and it is completely ruined by that inlay

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Ha! I read MFB's post and I was going to say, "Yea, damn, that's a really nice guitar otherwise. But could be worse..." and then went, searched "tyler 1988", got a photo link, and came back in here to this lol

I don't know how to feel about this...

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I've yet to see a Tyler Guitar that justifies how so many people know of them, let alone would buy one

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I've yet to see a Tyler Guitar that justifies how so many people know of them, let alone would buy one
They were used on a huge percentage of session work in the mid 80s to 90s thanks to Michael Landau, Dan Huff, Steve Lukather and a couple others. Basically guitars you’ve never heard of played by guitarists you’ve never heard of on thousands of songs you’ve definitely heard of. The one I posted is a replica of lukather’s custom

Gonna buy one in q2 for funsies

narad

Reaction score

You have to play it, not see it. I'm not going to TGP you with talks of mojo and stuff, but I have one, the neck is super nice in terms of the shape and the finish and the rounded board edges. And is super premium birdseye so it looks nice, too. Something about it also feels very short when I hold it, the overall vibe is more unique than it should be for something that generally looks like just another superstrat. And the switching is very nice. Plenty of similar options these days, but in its time, really standout (well, there with TA and the other LA scene guys doing similar). I originally thought the headstock was bad, but in uniquely identifying Tyler, I'd gladly associate with it now because the guitars are great.

The metallic jimburst is the one I've wanted for years though. When they reissued just that, and even seemed to level up their fades, and then pair it with that inlay....well.... I feel someone up there has it out for me.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
You have to play it, not see it. I'm not going to TGP you with talks of mojo and stuff, but I have one, the neck is super nice in terms of the shape and the finish and the rounded board edges. And is super premium birdseye so it looks nice, too. Something about it also feels very short when I hold it, the overall vibe is more unique than it should be for something that generally looks like just another superstrat. And the switching is very nice. Plenty of similar options these days, but in its time, really standout (well, there with TA and the other LA scene guys doing similar). I originally thought the headstock was bad, but in uniquely identifying Tyler, I'd gladly associate with it now because the guitars are great.

The metallic jimburst is the one I've wanted for years though. When they reissued just that, and even seemed to level up their fades, and then pair it with that inlay....well.... I feel someone up there has it out for me.
Order a custom. Then tell me what the wait is

FWIW the puffy guitar has a block there too so it is historically accurate

narad

Reaction score
Order a custom. Then tell me what the wait is

FWIW the puffy guitar has a block there too so it is historically accurate

With prices where they are now? No way. I got mine used, and the seller had no idea how to fix the electronics. Neither do I.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Mary Glam Kringe got his own guitar? Bring on the asteroid, I've seen it all. Pretty sure that alien bodied weirdo rode one here, honestly it's just cruel at this point to not use it on us.

')