New Schecter Models Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Holy hell, I'm not sure if these have been posted yet, but I didn't think Wylde guitars could get even worse looking.

Goregehn.Cocobolo%20Psychic%20Bullseye.01.png

Goregehn%20Special%20Edition.Blood%20River%20Burl.01.png

Moongrum

Reaction score
2,000+ euro for an indonesian single humbucker strat. Dang.
Considering you could probably get something USA made at a similar price, I wonder if that price premium is to pay the Indonesian workers more, or if Schecter is just lining their own pockets.

edit: this is from the perspective of being in the USA. I assume buying usa made guitars in europe is considerably expensive.

Zado

Reaction score
Considering you could probably get something USA made at a similar price, I wonder if that price premium is to pay the Indonesian workers more, or if Schecter is just lining their own pockets.

Wages and duties. Trying to gain more profits wouldn't be as smart, especially if you're basically known for being a bang-for-buck price. When people stop purchasing your instrument due to its price, your pocket cries anyway .

edit: this is from the perspective of being in the USA. I assume buying usa made guitars in europe is considerably expensive.

Yup, absolutely

Eviga

Reaction score
i had read a youtube comment where someone said that NJ hinted a MIJ Signature Model in one of his clinics.

Anyone heard of this?
I would really like a in-between NJ with pristine poly finish but still with the wenge neck.
and update to ss frets men...

Zado

Reaction score
i had read a youtube comment where someone said that NJ hinted a MIJ Signature Model in one of his clinics.

Anyone heard of this?
I would really like a in-between NJ with pristine poly finish but still with the wenge neck.
and update to ss frets men...
There was a MIJ Trad like model at drum city mo that ago, so yeah must have been a proto for that

Sparky8691

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oh man, what I thought was my one of my dream Sunset Customs is for sale: https://reverb.com/item/83437964-schecter-sunset-custom-ii-2023

First saw it on an Instagram cross post between Schecter & DCGL but never saw it for sale on their website so I guess it was snapped up quickly. I was quite interested to know how much it would cost...now I have a good idea!

Why whoever ordered that went for a thicker neck profile though...Most of the Sunset Customs seem to have a pretty thin profile. I would be so tempted to buy that one if it had the thinner profile, and I still had enough money saved, but I spent it on multiple other guitars over the last year. Funnily enough the cost price I paid for my current collection is almost exactly the same as this one. Guess I'll have to wait until I can afford to go for a full custom order...one day.

That sparkly Danskimo sig looks really cool. I don't get going for a 3 voice pickup and then only using 2 of them though. I reckon gold hardware would also look cool on that but black works nicely. If I was the signature artist I'd ask to do a Gotoh trem version in addition to the Evertune, so fans can buy their preference...fixed or trem.

Zado

Reaction score
Oh man, what I thought was my one of my dream Sunset Customs is for sale: https://reverb.com/item/83437964-schecter-sunset-custom-ii-2023

First saw it on an Instagram cross post between Schecter & DCGL but never saw it for sale on their website so I guess it was snapped up quickly. I was quite interested to know how much it would cost...now I have a good idea!

Why whoever ordered that went for a thicker neck profile though...Most of the Sunset Customs seem to have a pretty thin profile. I would be so tempted to buy that one if it had the thinner profile, and I still had enough money saved, but I spent it on multiple other guitars over the last year. Funnily enough the cost price I paid for my current collection is almost exactly the same as this one. Guess I'll have to wait until I can afford to go for a full custom order...one day.

That sparkly Danskimo sig looks really cool. I don't get going for a 3 voice pickup and then only using 2 of them though. I reckon gold hardware would also look cool on that but black works nicely. If I was the signature artist I'd ask to do a Gotoh trem version in addition to the Evertune, so fans can buy their preference...fixed or trem.

Well that's 2k indo guitar level of insanity. So, yeah, likely the standard now.

Btw I was looking for a new guitar on an impulse buy rash, and hell, not a single Schecter got my interest. Some Jacksons, some Solars, many ESPs, but no Schecs. Not even the early 00s were this dispiriting.

Last edited:

sell2792

Reaction score
Well that's 2k indo guitar level of insanity. So, yeah, likely the standard now.

Btw I was looking for a new guitar on an impulse buy rash, and hell, not a single Schecter got my interest. Some Jacksons, some Solars, many ESPs, but no Schecs. Not even the early 00s were this dispiriting.

As someone who used to hate Schecter having grown up in the abolone-on-everything, Hellraiser era, I think they've come a long way. I have yet to pull the trigger on one for whatever reason but I've been super impressed with the Mach, Evil-Twin, Hellraiser Hybrid & KM-series. The necks are thinner, the spec's are great, and the finishes are generally way better than they used to be. That being said, the burl finish is the only thing that's stopped me from buying a KMIII. The new ones are overpriced so I may refinish one some day as a project.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I dig em. The finish is kinda ehw, but the shape looks nothing worse than your basic BR Rich catalog.
Part of me wishes Zakk used a Floyd at any point to justify slipping in a trem version in the line-up. :lol:

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Man, I wish we could get sick-ass figured necks like that on guitars without the insanely garish tops. Different strokes and all that, but I think that neck would look fucking ace on a guitar with a solid finish.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Part of me wishes Zakk used a Floyd at any point to justify slipping in a trem version in the line-up. :lol:
He does sometimes use a Floyd (his old Karl RR V copy, the Flying V sig, and the Dean Razorback he has) so I'm surprised they didn't do some kinda Floyd variant now that were talking about it

Zado

Reaction score
As someone who used to hate Schecter having grown up in the abolone-on-everything, Hellraiser era, I think they've come a long way. I have yet to pull the trigger on one for whatever reason but I've been super impressed with the Mach, Evil-Twin, Hellraiser Hybrid & KM-series. The necks are thinner, the spec's are great, and the finishes are generally way better than they used to be. That being said, the burl finish is the only thing that's stopped me from buying a KMIII. The new ones are overpriced so I may refinish one some day as a project.

They are better than the abalone era, but they still don't get the idea that very simple looking guitars can be much sexier than burled tops and flamed veneers. Hell, talking rock and metal I honestly don't recall the last time I've seen a gig or even a whole festival with guitarists playing flamboyant looking guitars. Are black and white guitars boring? Great, then make em natural looking.

Can you find this ugly or boring?
hou1xjcjpsevbdxiyjqb.jpg

sell2792

Reaction score
They are better than the abalone era, but they still don't get the idea that very simple looking guitars can be much sexier than burled tops and flamed veneers. Hell, talking rock and metal I honestly don't recall the last time I've seen a gig or even a whole festival with guitarists playing flamboyant looking guitars. Are black and white guitars boring? Great, then make em natural looking.

Can you find this ugly or boring?
hou1xjcjpsevbdxiyjqb.jpg
Can I find it ugly? Yeah, if its missing the cockstock than its an abomination. Otherwise I love the color and design but that's true of most ESPs.

Latest posts

')