New Seymour Duncan Jupiter Pickup

• Thread starter AkiraSpectrum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SlamLiguez

Voidist
Reaction score
Coming from a player like Wes and knowing the bands he's been in, this seems like the perfect pickup for more technical/articulate styles of metal, dudes a machine

0rimus

Reaction score
Maaaaan, I've wanted either a 7 string Slug or Dimebucker for so long but the Custom Shop route scares me (only heard good things though lol)

Thought about caving and getting an X2N 7, but after having one in a 6'er tuned to C, I know everything mushes together (crushing tho). Can't imagine it for detuned 7...

Rails ftw

wedge_destroyer

Reaction score
Maaaaan, I've wanted either a 7 string Slug or Dimebucker for so long but the Custom Shop route scares me (only heard good things though lol)

Thought about caving and getting an X2N 7, but after having one in a 6'er tuned to C, I know everything mushes together (crushing tho). Can't imagine it for detuned 7...

Rails ftw

I know an X2N(6) can get mushy in the wrong guitar, however my X2N7 in my Ibanez cuts like a razor.

First new Duncan since the SLUG I've thought about.

Rails FTW indeed

JK-PA

Reaction score
I hope there will be a 6 string version one day.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Sounds good and all, but the collaboration between pickup manufacturers and artists seems like such a joke. Maybe behind the scenes some interesting feedback actually happens, but when it's marketing time it's all: "For X's playing style, he needs a pickup that is tight and clear, but also full sounding, and with none of the ice-picky high end you often find in pickups of this type." I mean, this has been the pitch going back like 10 iterations of prog metal artist pickups. At least the slug was new in it being like, "Yea, the thing about this pickup is it's just overwound all the way."

Mathemagician

Reaction score
“Our new album is more raw sounding and has much better production. It’s fuller sounding and also has plenty of room to breathe.”

“Our new pickup is more raw sounding and has much better note pronunciation. It’s fuller sounding and also has plenty of room to breathe.”

It’s the same sales pitch every time.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
I haven't had good experiences with rail pickups with a radius like that. The outer strings are too quiet. Modern guitars just have very flat radii, so something that curved moves away from the strings too much.

Sumsar

Reaction score
Well I have only had a Dimarzio X2n 7 In a pretty bright and bass lacking Ibanez prestige, but I really liked it, though it sounded a bit thin. This makes me want to get it off the shelf and put it in a more full sounding guitar just to see what it is like :)

I like more options, more options is good. I know that it can be argued how much input Wes really had on this, but it is however nice to have a pickup that is not designed by/for the next djent kid on the block but someone with a more real guitar sound :lol:

FitRocker33

My tone is tighter than my hamstrings
Reaction score
"The jupiter has very present bottom notes of chocolaty, thick pummeling riffage, with midnotes that evoke a crisp smell like fresh citrus and topnotes that leave a lingering sweet aftertaste"

Don’t forget the wire that’s been slow aged in oak barrels for 12 years in a monastery in Albania.