New Seymour Duncan Jupiter Pickup

• Thread starter AkiraSpectrum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zoobiedood

Reaction score
"The jupiter has very present bottom notes of chocolaty, thick pummeling riffage, with midnotes that evoke a crisp smell like fresh citrus and topnotes that leave a lingering sweet aftertaste"
While it sounds yummy, from a marketing perspective, I don't think it would work. So we are stuck with the same handful of adjectives and quotes from artists. It is worse when artists bounce from one company to another and say things like 'This one really gives me an aggressive tone!!'

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oneblackened

Tube Amp Dork
Reaction score
The demos Wes made didn't impress me too much - it seemed like it was sort of 'articulation over all' voiced which can be pretty nasal. That may just be his tone, though - so I reserve judgement til I hear one in person. Guess I'm going to the Duncan booth this year.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
When I first joined this forum I was super jealous of everybody jumping on the Painkiller, Aftermath, M7, etc. hype train.

I was even super late to the Black Winter party.

But now I'm an adult idiot with disposable income. So I preordered it.

Funny you mention Black Winters because apart from being a kick-arse pickup, they are also the only pickup with a memorable marketing pitch and imagery which I think is half the reason they are everywhere.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Sup y’all.

Super stoked on everyone’s reaction to the Jupiter so far. I’ve considered the idea of uploading DI’s of it for people to try through their rigs, but I’m not sure if everyone owns a reamp box. Would there be any interest in that?

Could help a lot for some of us that use plugins or modelers. So uh, fuck yes. :lol:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Sup y’all.

Super stoked on everyone’s reaction to the Jupiter so far. I’ve considered the idea of uploading DI’s of it for people to try through their rigs, but I’m not sure if everyone owns a reamp box. Would there be any interest in that?
yes plz

lewis

Reaction score
Sup y’all.

this is excellent Wes and would be much appreciated by alot of people.

Personally, Im of the opinion that any Pickup company should provide free D.Is of every pickup they sell
So you offering that would be great.
I presume this is actually much more than just a "7 string Dimebucker" like some were suggesting?

Type_R3387

Reaction score
Preordered this pickup shortly after the announcement and just got an update from UPS that said “Out for delivery”. Upon checking the info on their site, turns out it’s on the truck but won’t be delivered till Monday...:noplease: Can’t wait to hear it!:hbang:

0rimus

Reaction score
I'm working on it. I only have one passive pickup 7 stringer that I'm going to put the Jupiter in, had everything ready to go for a pickup swap session...

And the pickup cavities are too small lol

Both for the covered Liquifire I was gonna put in the neck, and the Jupiter (like most Duncan pups actually) is a little too beefy in the midriff hahaha. Alot of copper wire.

Have to route open the pickup cavities. It's a Douglas Hadron 727 that shipped with tiny little Chinese no name pickups.

I effing hate routing. Love every other part of woodworking. Just not routing. So it'll be awhile

nateispro

Reaction score
That sucks having to route! I have a RGD 7 coming in and was wanting covered pups but didnt want to deap with opening up the cavities either. Im excited to hear the jupiter. I feel like itd be a good change up from what Ill be loading in my RGD, i have a STFY3-7 coming in and I think the Jupiter would compliment it well

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah so the routing issues were more because of the guitar’s factory routs rather than the pickup size? I was worried for a second!

0rimus

Reaction score
Ah so the routing issues were more because of the guitar’s factory routs rather than the pickup size? I was worried for a second!

Yeah, the Jupiter I could cram in there without routing, just the covered neck pickup needs routing.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
So, perhaps I'm crazy, but I can't find the Duncan Jupiter anywhere now. I mean the forums are talking about it, but I've poured over Duncan's site and can't find it anymore.

Did we lose Wes to Fishman too?

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
Still waiting for Uranus pickup.... *Complete silence, picks coat and leaves*

On another note, I always liked rail pickups for tapping during solos. What is the overall response of the Jupiter one for this technique?

Latest posts