New Site Issues - Megathread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Just noticed this myself. Trying to find some of my posts comes back with no results found. If I go on my profile to find my posts it says I don't have any content.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems half of my posts are double posts the last couple days.

Out of curiosity, how exactly are you posting?

I've only double-posted once and that's because I was impatient/not paying attention and selected "Post Reply" while my comment was still loading. I've noticed refresh rates are kinda screwy when your comment gets pushed to the next page.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I honestly have never gotten a double post before unless I got impatient and hit the post button more than once, or had local connectivity issues. Been curious how it happens for so many people so often.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I honestly have never gotten a double post before unless I got impatient and hit the post button more than once, or had local connectivity issues. Been curious how it happens for so many people so often.

It might be related to the mobile version of the site. It tends to load very slowly sometimes when posting.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Using the quickly reply field at the bottom of the thread, pressing "Post Reply" once. I'm on Google Chrome with a Windows PC. Often times, I'll see several copies of the post until I hit "refresh," then it'll drop down to two. I'd say it's my browser, but it is happening a lot more often since that hiccup in the database a couple days ago.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Any news on why the search feature doesn't work ?

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
^ Just noticed this myself. Trying to find some of my posts comes back with no results found. If I go on my profile to find my posts it says I don't have any content.
Going through my profile page and looking for threads I've started also leads to a message about no content found. My post history seems to disappear before June 5th.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Going through my profile page and looking for threads I've started also leads to a message about no content found. My post history seems to disappear before June 5th.
same
Also, I sometimes get an error when I try to reply with a quote. Refreshing the page doesn't seem to help, but, for some reason I do not understand, opening the thread in a new tab and closing the old tab seems to work.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I also have no post history before June 5. I don’t really care honestly about that as much as having the search function fully operational.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Also have no search history to go back on, used that to find old ads to bump and such.

But I probably missed this, iTrader. Is it gone?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Ah that's a shame, we should probably come up with some kind of feedback thread to replace it so we can keep track of good transactions if there's no equivalent with Xenforo.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are definitely feedback systems available for Xenforo, TGP is using one. PM Alex and ask him to get one :2c:

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Any news on the search function ?

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
It just didn't work at all before.
I'll note, I did it when in the parent forums page. I think it sets a filter while within a particular forum? Not sure but haven't looked into it.

Latest posts