New Site Issues - Megathread

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I thought I'd try and put together a concise list for Alex. Hopefully it'll help expedite this.

So, give it a go everyone. I'll add all the relevant requests, namely those that multiple people seem to have to the OP.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
separate the stickies from regular posts again and bring back user locations
This is the biggest thing. The stickies are throwing me off :lol:

I'll add:
There's no way to determine who's a mod/contributor/mvp right now like it was with the titles under the names but I'd assume that'll be added back.

Siggevaio

Reaction score
+1 on user location. It's great to just be able to quickly see where someone lives if you're looking at classifieds.

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't post a Marketplace thread even though I've done it many times before and more than qualify to post there. It says I have "Insufficient privileges to post here."

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Things I've noticed:
- Can't change user titles (the thing that appears under your user name).
- Custom user titles granted by Alex are no longer formatted correctly.
- Contributor status no longer appears.
- Animated .gif avatars no longer functional.
- Non-square avatars get cropped to be square.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Is dark blue on black really the best design choice? I need to be at like 75-100% brightness to read the thread titles, where I don't recall ever having a single issue with the old theme.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I enjoyed being able to see a post's date above the body of a post. I feel like I'm checking to see if something is a necrobump, then darting my eyes back to the actual post more now, which is pretty annoying.

Also, I didn't realize it until it was gone, but being able to see if you had posts in a thread was the greatest! That little envelope with the dot in it saved me from reading every individual thread title when I open a subforum. Now, every time I look at a forum page, I have to reread every thread title to see which ones I was active in.

Hopefully, others feel the same as me cause these 2 things are driving me crazy.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, I didn't realize it until it was gone, but being able to see if you had posts in a thread was the greatest! That little envelope with the dot in it saved me from reading every individual thread title when I open a subforum. Now, every time I look at a forum page, I have to reread every thread title to see which ones I was active in.
Actually, there is a way to tell. If you've posted in a thread, a small version of your avatar will appear on the forum index page, in front of the OP's avatar. It's functionally identical to the dot.

Eptaceros

Wayfarer
Reaction score
Ohhh, no shit. I couldn't even see that cause my avatar blends into the new color scheme too well lol

Acrid

Reaction score
- Separate the stickies from regular posts.
- Thread titles don't stand out as much with new color scheme.
- Bring back user locations.

pondman

Build Whore.
Contributor
Reaction score
Had a look on my profile page again and cant actually see a section for albums and pics anymore. Is this a mistake or site glitch ?

chopeth

Reaction score
Everything said above and probably something nobody cares about:

You can't automatically read the first response to your subscribed threads in your email account. My mobile phone is almost 10 years old and takes years to open a website, but I at least could read the first answer, not anymore :(

Toxin

no, i don't drink vodka
Reaction score
Previous theme was way more comfortable to read...not anymore(
hard to distinguish if a thread has new posts

is there an option to choose previous theme?
or maybe previous theme for pc, and a new one for mobile browsers?

Chuck

Reaction score
Previous theme was way more comfortable to read...not anymore(
hard to distinguish if a thread has new posts

is there an option to choose previous theme?
or maybe previous theme for pc, and a new one for mobile browsers?

I'd love an option to use the old theme. This one is...gross...for lack of a better term.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
Back button and swiping back isn't working properly in safari on mobile. Usually have to hold down the back button and click the address from my history. It's nice to finally have a mobile theme though.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
I know a little pin appears next to stickied topics but maybe if they were another text colour or something like before? On first glance its very difficult to tell which thread is stickied or not.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
went to add someone as a friend and didn't see where that could be done anymore.

looks like my friends list has disappeared too? or maybe im missing something?