New Skervesen Raptor Baritone 6 build

• Thread starter Erockomania
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Allealex

Reaction score
first stain...
9s6l4k.jpg

profile_picture_by_dayum_plz-d487tea.jpg

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
So, something was not clicking with me when I first saw this ... I loved it, but something seemed off. Well, I think all it was was the uneven border around the burst. I've made an example of what I think might be all that's necessary to make it work for me:
before:
2efjbdc.jpg

after:
2h39bhd.jpg

Subtle, but now the burst has the same shade of stain (almost natural) all the way around. The area in question is just on either side of the pickup cavities. If they subdue the purple slightly and even out the burst, I think I'm good to go :)

Thoughts?

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
+5MY--7H_original.jpg

Here is a new pic with adjusted burst line. It's a little washed out from the sun and will certainly darken, Maciek says, but I think it's amazing!

THB430

Reaction score
That has to be the sexiest top I have ever seen!!!!!! The adjustment was the right decision. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! If you dont like it Ill take it.

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Wow! absolutely stunning!

And I think it looks great that way... nice that the horns are lighter.. kind of "ice blue" :eek:

Congratulations! this will be an awesome Raptor!!

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
some new pics...

first stain...
9s6l4k.jpg

I think I want a little more color in the horns and the purpleish color subdued to make it more blue and I'm good to go! :)

oh my ....ing god... That's probably one of the craziest tops I've ever seen. I mean... wow :bowdown:

shikamaru

Reaction score
oh my god that figure :eek: the colour is not my cup of tea but damn I’m starting to feel WAS (for wood acquisition syndrome lol) for a burl, any kind of wood, they just look so damn sexy !

Erockomania

Studio Geek
Reaction score
Lacquered up and ready for final assembly next week!
2yubnyq.jpg

my headstock design (based of a couple of their other ones (Swan and 019) in order to retain the Skervesen look). I think it looks awesome!
160xw7o.jpg

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
Looks amazing! And I really like that headstock!

XxJoshxX

Djentleman
Reaction score
The first time i saw this finish i didnt love i but with the lighter blue transitionni really like it.

Gitte

Reaction score
That color and the wood looks perfect!!! I can't wait for the finished product!!

')