New Slipknot track - The Dying Song (Time To Sing)

• Thread starter Accoun
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gasolinedreams

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Haven't these guys been talking about doing a ton of experimental stuff since before the last album? I'm hearing none of that.
That chorus is atrocious.

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
Its only first single so was expecting a more traditional slipknot tune, which this is (Vol 3 and grey chapter vibes imo).
I like it, don't love it - agree something feels off about the chorus, like it's performed well etc but it doesn't quite mesh with the rest of the song to me.

Corey's new mask is pretty cool

gasolinedreams

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Its only first single so was expecting a more traditional slipknot tune, which this is (Vol 3 and grey chapter vibes imo).
Chapeltown Rag is also on the album so this should probably be considered the second single?
I don't know, I'm not really getting Vol 3 vibes from this. Reminds me more of the later albums, only with worse riffs and vocal melodies.

I thought the last album was pretty good, but the two songs shared from the new one feel kind of lame, IMO. I don't really hate this song, but it's just not very good, to me.

Reaction score
Stopped paying attention to Slipknot after the first album so coming back and listening to this? I like it. The chorus is interesting. Not the intensity I'd expect or want but they're like 300 years old now so I guess they wouldn't still be angry 20 year olds.

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I thought the last album was pretty good, but the two songs shared from the new one feel kind of lame, IMO. I don't really hate this song, but it's just not very good, to me.

Same. From what I remember from The Chapeltown Rag, I think I like this more, but in the end neither is very exciting. Especially since I thought WANYK was a return to form from them.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the production... sounds like a glorified demo to me?

This has been a problem for me since Iowa. It's not the worst they have sounded, but most definitely not the best either, and it's such a shame because I recon I would actually appreciate new SlipKnot music more if it at least sounded properly.

Other bands seems able to put out glorious sounding albums, so why can't the Knot?

Reaction score
Eh, even if I didn't already know they were leaving Roadrunner, I would think this is the contractual obligation album based on the two singles so far.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, is it just me or does it look like Mick Thomson has lost a tonne of weight?
Yep, he is slim these days, and it suits him well. Makes me happy seeing him so healthy since he always was one of my heroes :)

I have a feeling that his wife Stacy is a huge factor in his newfound health. Looks like they have a great marriage. I'm following Stacy on Instagram, and every now and then a wild Mick appears in her posts :lol:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Feels like a bunch of ideas stuck together so its quite jarring in places. Some parts like the chorus feel like two separate songs playing at the same time. The verse is cool but the songwriting really needs work. Hoping the album isn't all like this.

MetalheadMC

Reaction score
Not excited about either. The intro/chorus thing was bad. Verses were OK. Reminiscent of their core stuff, but everything else, no thanks.

I miss the aggression they've always been known for, but like mentioned above, they're not necessarily angry anymore.

Musiscience

Reaction score
I haven't listened to Slipknot much since Vol. 3, but this new single reminds me of the self titled record enough to bring a smile.

Brings back memories of skateboarding to school listening to Slipknot on a Sony Walkman. :lol:

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I, for one, am happy that Slipknot is keeping "edgy mall-core" alive. I look forward to picking up some of their merch the next time I visit Hot Topic.

Latest posts

')