New Slipknot

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
All out life is okay, but to me the weakest track since .5. (Including all tracks from .5.)

.5 is actually probably my favorite album, right behind Iowa. ST then vol 3, and then ahig, which is largely forgettable to me. .5 is an easy front to back listen. ST and Iowa, even though Iowa is my favorite, have a few skips on them. Even ahig isn't BAD. Just less appealing to me.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
All Out Life grew on me. Honestly didn't like it much at first, but seeing a clip of it live made me reconsider. Honestly it probably really is a better live track than studio.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
All out life is okay, but to me the weakest track since .5. (Including all tracks from .5.)

.5 is actually probably my favorite album, right behind Iowa. ST then vol 3, and then ahig, which is largely forgettable to me. .5 is an easy front to back listen. ST and Iowa, even though Iowa is my favorite, have a few skips on them. Even ahig isn't BAD. Just less appealing to me.

While my favourite is the S/T, .5 is a seriously underrated album. I wonder if it's because fans are a little older and have heard a lot more music, or are just a little more jaded. I wonder if it just hasn't been listened to as many times, due to the increasing amount of distraction and entertainment available everywhere at all times. It's a really great album.

Lax

Reaction score
Saw them live at Nimes, France, at the beginning of the month, it was fantastic
Huhu Custer live was so crazy
I completely missed the grey chapters album, only heard the singles, coming back from my modern slipknot hyatus and liked A LOT the 3 singles, they have both the duality vibe and the very aggressive early slipknot one, so I'm very happy to enjoy one of the post 2000 metal band survivability :)

Reactions: fps

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
anybody seen the new tour yet? what's the order of bands? I am trying to avoid Volbeat because they are garbage and I already suffered through a one hour set of theirs once before in my life. never again

but I'm guessing order of bands is Behemoth - Gojira - Volbeat - Slipknot?

BusinessMan

Reaction score
anybody seen the new tour yet? what's the order of bands? I am trying to avoid Volbeat because they are garbage and I already suffered through a one hour set of theirs once before in my life. never again

but I'm guessing order of bands is Behemoth - Gojira - Volbeat - Slipknot?

I think it’s gojira-behemoth-Volbeat-Slipknot. Ya Volbeat is direct support which is garbo

DeathbyDesign

*Palm Muting Intensifies*
Reaction score
The new song sounds decent but I am keep my expectations lower until I can hear the whole album.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
It's worlds better than Unsainted, but not as good as Solway Firth. Just my opinion of course.

chinnybob

Reaction score
First two didn't blow me away but this I thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely has an Iowa vibe to it.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
That's a pretty cool song, I really liked the nu-metal vibes on the verse riff. The only complaint I have is that I was kinda waiting for it to "explode" properly and somehow it didn't. But I guess it'll serve as a breather between more aggressive songs. I like all the new songs so far, I think I'm gonna pre-order the album!

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I definitely like it, but probably the least out of the stuff they've released sing .5. The music itself really does kind of stink of Iowa, which is certainly a good thing imo. Still stoked for the rest of the album.

Latest posts

')