New Soilwork EP: "Beyond the Infinte" (Asia Only)

Xiphos68

Reaction score
So apparently... Soilwork has a new EP called "Beyond the Infinite" that was released only in Asia currently by a record company out there and there are five more songs from recording "The Living Infinite" record. Sounds quite good so far. A preview has been released. :yesway:

Preview for Soilwork's EP "Beyond The Infinite", set to be released 09/24/2014 for Asia only. http://www.marquee.co.jp/avalon/soilw...
**FOR ORDERS OUTSIDE OF ASIA**: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/MICP...
TRACKLIST:
1. My Nerves, Your Everyday Tool - 0:00
2. These Absent Eyes - 1:30
3. Resisting The Current - 3:00
4. When Sound Collides - 4:30
5. Forever Lost In Vain - 6:00

From Soilwork's official Facebook: "To celebrate our October 18th show at Tokyo’s Loud Park festival, Avalon/Marquee is releasing a special limited edition EP entitled Beyond The Infinite! It contains five unreleased tracks from The Living Infinite sessions and was recorded, mixed and mastered at Fascination Street by Jens Bogren and Johan Örnborg. Yes, this release is for Asia only, and no, we don't know when these tracks will be available elsewhere."

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I hope soilworks next project is heavier and slightly less melodic clean vocals. Like along the lines of a predators portrait. This ep sounds good though

neurosis

Reaction score
So apparently... Soilwork has a new EP called "Beyond the Infinite" that was released only in Asia currently by a record company out there and there are five more songs from recording "The Living Infinite" record. Sounds quite good so far. A preview has been released. :yesway:

I saw this and I am excited. I loved Predators Portrait more than Chaos. I actually got into them through Chaos. Then came Figure number Five and I could´t take the more pop oriented direction they took. There were some good songs here and there in the following albums while they were getting bigger internationally but nothing I could really enjoy as a whole album. Then, with the Panic Boradcast I was hooked again. They went and made it heavy, without cutting out the clean vocals which have always sounded great. The Living Infinite was easy one of my favorite albums in a long time after that so it´s great to see them release more material of those sessions. I would love to see them go completely crazy again, but I think the mix they have now is just too good to let go. Great band.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
I cant even listen to The Living Infinite. For me anyway, the Soilwork song writing goodness is gone as soon as Wichers walks through the door.

The Panic Broadcast was amazing a lackluster Sworn to the Great Divide & now its gone again.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I haven't really liked anything since Figure Number Five but this sounds much better than their recent albums. Strange that they are unreleased/B-sides from The Living Infinite. I must listen to that album again and see if it grows on me.

Having an Asia release only is a bit silly. It will be up on youtube anyway.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Actually, this band has never released a weak record. They are titans, as far as I can tell. Even the album I thought was bad (Sworn to a Great Divide) was actually amazingly well written once I gave it a chance. I can't wait to hear what they do next.

Also, Speed is definitely one of the best metal vocalists to have lived.

rastachild

Reaction score
when soilwork announced that they were going to release a double album after peter wichers left, i have to admit i was very worried that it wouldn't measure up to their past catalog. and especially since i absolutely loved the panic broadcast. but lo and behold, they managed to put out a double album with absolutely no filler (imo). these guys are the kings of what they do imo, which is starting to veer into a more proggy, yet extremely groovy take on melodeath. and to think there are 5 more songs that didn't make the double album that (from samples) sound just as strong as anything on the main album? unbelievable...

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
So... now The Living Infinite is 25 masterpieces instead of just 20.

I love this band, so much. While I've played bigger shows, opening for Soilwork one night was the highlight of me being in an actual band.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
So... now The Living Infinite is 25 masterpieces instead of just 20.

I love this band, so much. While I've played bigger shows, opening for Soilwork one night was the highlight of me being in an actual band.

Did you open up on "The Living Infinite" Tour in Charlotte, NC?

Who was your band? I was at that show.

Reaction score
I think NBC has a lot of poppy sounding song especially the title track. Figure number five is awesome except rejection role is my least favorite soilwork song. I love STD I think that album has the best production out of them all. Dirks drums sound amazing! Sworn has some really good songs but the high frequency on the guitars is so harsh it hurts to listen to that album. Panic is a very good album I just wish it was heavier. Deliverance is mine is a very weak song IMO. The living infinite came out and blew everything away! The album is amazing! Better songs than panic, IMO. All very different and unique. Tastier riffs. Everything is just better. Saying all this, I hope their next record is even heavier and slightly darker. A little less clean vocals. Or at least, not so happy-melodic vocals. I want clean vocals but still dark sounding like they do on APP. So, I'm ready for APP 2.0. Steel bath suicide is amazing! Just had to throw that in there

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Did you open up on "The Living Infinite" Tour in Charlotte, NC?

Who was your band? I was at that show.

Naw. Jacksonville, FL with Darkane and Swallow The Sun. Wichers was in the band at the time.

Dudley

Reaction score
Just got mine in the post yesterday and it's awesome, definitely up to the same standard as the tracks that made it on to The Living Infinite. Anyone else bought/heard it yet?

Reaction score
I heard the one full track that's on YouTube I think its called lost in vain? Its really good, I just hope their next album will be heavier and have slightly darker melodies and not so "uplifting" sounding if I may put it that way.

Latest posts

')