New Soloway Little Wing

• Thread starter ohio_eric
  • Start date
  • Tags
    soloway
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I have to post this because this body shape is just amazing. It's similar to the Soloway Swan Contour body but the lower cutaway is a bit deeper. I like it better than the original.

PN117-LittleWingFront-03-01-07.JPG

PN117LimbaShortHornTop1-03-20-07.jpg

Soloway also has some new stuff coming out, new necks and another body style. You can read all about it here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's kind of like Strat-meets-Jag

Mark. A

gang* 4 lyfe
Contributor
Reaction score
Every time I see that semi-hollow body I GAS so bad, it is just so beautiful. Stop posting the pictures, Chris :fawk:

:wub:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
You have some odd taste dude.

E073Top1.jpg

Soloway makes some of the best looking guitars out there, imo.

odd taste? i just only don't like that goofy design. Tastes are tastes, right Chris?

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
It's good to Soloway succesful enough to start branching out. Jim is a stunningly nice person and deserves all the success he gets. It's shame though that he gets so few 7 strings orders that they are now all "special orders". He'll still make you a seven and within reason make it how you want it. It's just that he sells so few sevens he doesn't make them for stores to stock anymore. :(

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
...which is tragic because he set out to make high end sevens, and his sixes were kind of an afterthought, as I recall.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice! I've liked just about everything Jim has done. I still would love to play one. :agreed:

Jim Soloway

Soloway Guitars
Reaction score
Hi All. For those of you who like it, thank you. For those of you who don't, fortunately we don't need to sell very many. :)

We've actually built three of the Little Wing bodies. For the wood lovers in the group, here's #2. Next it gets 3-ply binding.

PN119MapleShortHornTop1-03-20-07.jpg

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Jim, I'm going to send you my doctor's bill when it comes in. He had to reset my jaw. Stunning as always. :drool:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Now that's an awesome piece of maple :yesway: too bad it's a 6er

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
That just amazing. Soloway always picks the best wood. :drool:

Jim Soloway

Soloway Guitars
Reaction score
Now that's an awesome piece of maple :yesway: too bad it's a 6er

That's a one piece top that comes from a huge board that I bought last year. It was big enough to do 10 tops in all. We've only done two so far, so if someone wanted a 7-string with pretty much the same top, it's available.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, where do find this stuff? Stunning as always, Jim. I really need to decide to order one of your instruments...

Latest posts

')