New song "Aeon" part 1 - dark & groovy (s2.0,x3,rg2228) with vocals!

• Thread starter IamLukas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zami77

Recording Bro
Reaction score
That was a really cool song. The mix was very professional, the only thing i didnt like was the drums. They had too much room mic, and for me, heavy music needs to have dry up in the mix drums. They still sounded good but werent tight enough. The vocals were good and sounded really great. THe guitar tones were good as well. overall awesome production and composing.

Andii

Reaction score
Western NC in a secret lair high on the mountain
Awesome dude! Great vocals and music! The kick is a little quiet and on the loose side. I will also say that the vocals do sound like they're stepping a bit at 2:29 like autotune or melodyne. That may need a slight clean up.

ma7erick

Left Handed Shecter
Reaction score
Composition: 7/10
Production: 7/10
Vocals: 6/10

I dig it man, other than that if you're planing on doing that EP, I think maybe you could work more on the production. The vocals needs work for higher notes, and perhaps if you take out a little vocoder you can notice.

Good Luck!

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
dude, i think it's awesome that you are experimenting with a lot more roominess and verb! in general i think this song was great. it's really all about what YOU were going for! i really and genuinly enjoyed this track, and from your last few mixes i've heard i think you have something brewing...you're own signature sound! and correct me if i'm wrong, but i think you are very close to nailing it!!! :hbang:

IamLukas

Reaction score
Thank you so much guys!
I am really happy with what I am reading here :hbang:.
I am always trying to get my vocals to a higher dimension. Yeah, I agree... some vocal parts have to be rerecorded :lol:.
The room mics in the drums need to be where they are, IMO. The song is really catchy and spheric, I don't think, dry drums would fit in here, but it's worth a try...

Slampop: Thx for da words...Yeah, the only thing I need now is the Axe fx hehe, but this will take two more months...DAMN.

Cheers

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
The room mics in the drums need to be where they are, IMO. The song is really catchy and spheric, I don't think, dry drums would fit in here, but it's worth a try...

Cheers

nah man, leave em...it wouldn't sound as big if you changed em :)

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
im not verry active at this forum these days, but when im on here i allways gotta check out some of the music, and i must say this one caught my ears! Verry nice job man!
Interresting mix...and that is a good thing :) And the song itself was also verry good! Nice atmosphere and alot of "feel" in it!

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
Hahaha! This song is awesome!!! :metal: great job on everything man, anything i can think of to say has already been said. But deffinatly a great song! ... i wish i could sing:wallbash:

IamLukas

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a idea....
This is part 1 of my song and I'll go on in the next days, writing part 2, here's the question:
I am not that good at guitar playing, well especially at soloing :wallbash:.
Would someone want to record a solo guitar for the next part?
That would be great!
You can pm me and I'll send you part 2 (when it's done), so you could try out some solo stuff on it.
Deal?

Plankis

Reaction score
Nice chorus. All the vocal layers really adds up. It'll be really massive when some of those vocaltakes will be redone.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
Duuude, i would love to do a guest solo if you are up for it! pm sent :D

ChasingTheSun

Pastor Of Muppets
Reaction score
Wow. This really just blew my mind away. I listened to the first 37 seconds and wasn't really impressed, but when that second riff section came in i did a complete 180 degree change. This is just amazing work man!

I'd love to have a go at throwing some growls over something similar sometime. I'm now even more keen for my Pod X3 to show up in the mail.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
Nice work man. This song sounds awesome, and I like the drums the way they are, it makes it very big/open sounding, as opposed to the heavy/tight sound/feel of dry drums, it seems like that was what you're going for and it sounds awesome. Can't wait to hear the rest of the ep and this song.

IamLukas

Reaction score
This is awesome guys!
I've redone some parts and tweaked my drums to hell, I promise!
The bassdrum will kick your faces now hahaha.
I'm going to part II now and continue recording....then I'll send you the track, so you can try out some soloing.
I'll update the song asap...
Cheers and thx for listening :hbang:

Tyrant

Reaction score
Sounds awsome man, really looking forward to the second part here!

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
good shit Lukas bro!, im all about the heavy shit but i honestly enjoy soft vox, mainly cause I couldnt do them to save my life. Reminds me of the soft parts of Between the Buried and Me. now you got me wanting to try having my shit sit better with reverb n delays. keep em coming !

Latest posts

')