New song "Amentia Pt. II"

• Thread starter IamLukas
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zand3

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite things you've done, but I feel like at a certain part, it keeps building up, and you expect it to go into some big fully fledged groove, but it never gets there. Like around 1:45, I expected it to go into something huge.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
I think the build up with no "return" (massive groove/chorus) gives it a sense of emptyness. Like so much is expected, but when nothing happens, you realize the moment that what you were expecting had already happened, and you lost it. "A moment in time, gone.....like tears in the rain"

I dig it

Oh, in a recording perspective, I would only say

Is the piano meant to be so dry? I would say the emptyness of the tracks emotional feeling would be greatly exacerbated by a very deep, spacious, and reflecting reverb

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
great note changes, awesome thematic elements...and as usual, vocals kick major catchy ass brotha! :agreed: it reminds me a bit of A Perfect Circle...which is not a bad thing seeing as how i am a huge Tool fan.

CynicEidolon

And still he waits..
Reaction score
Yeah. Love the track the piano just needs some sustain or a thick short verb of something... And no offense brotha, but some Autotune would tighten your shit up to gold! :)

IamLukas

Reaction score
Thx a lot for the great comments on this!
It really makes me happy, to read this.
I fixed a few things....more verb on the piano, a little bit Autotune for my brotha and here we go!

It's the same link as above...

Cheers :yesway:

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
pianos sound much better now...though i liked them before :yesway:

HANIAK

Reaction score
You have improved A LOT your singing! Congrats on that! It's not easy...
On the song, It sounds like a great idea, but it needs to be finished to become epic. You're on the right way, though.

IamLukas

Reaction score
Thx guys!
Glad to hear, u like it. Yes, I am working on my vocals day and night :scream:.
I think this song will get a final epic breakdown, for the mosh-heads out there! We'll see, what it will become...

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish I could write shit like this man, really atmospheric and heartfelt. All my stuff comes out aggressive and blatant :lol:

can hear a huge Tool/Isis element in this dude, very nice!

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
:yesway:, It's hard to tell is it the best so far, but it's really nice, no doubts

rahul_mukerji

Reaction score
insanely beautiful. I really like what I'm hearing. Haunting piano with melodic hook ... oh to die for. Very nice indeed ....

I'm off to listen to more of your work !

EDIT:

Wow, your songs have some fantastic Opeth like arrangements. Great vocals and riffs. I really like your stuff !

IamLukas

Reaction score
Thanks so much peoplz!
I've overworked the mix and the whole tracks, rerecorded some gits and changed a few drumlines. I think it's much better now.
Here's the link:

SoundClick artist: The gemini part - Metal, Ambient, Experimental

I've started to go on, writing the song and all I can say is, this will be badass!
So keep checking back in a few days. But I will keep you informed anyway when it's ready.

s_the_fallen

Contributor
Reaction score
Great song man! I really enjoyed listening to it. Thanks for sharing

-schreck

')