New Song! "Ascension" SD2.0, POD x3, Stillwell

• Thread starter MakewayforMan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MakewayforMan

The Light Eternal
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MakewayforMan

The Light Eternal
Reaction score
Thanks man! I started off with the Bleed kit in MF but modified things pretty heavily. I really dig the snare in the Bleed kit. I use Stillwell audio's plugs for compression. Threw the Rocket on the snare channel and used the bombardier on the master bus. I like my kick really "clicky" too, so I eq'd accordingly. It's crazy how just the littlest bit of over compression can ruin the drum mix though. I've played around with so many variations of compression but I think Stillwell sounds great in combination with Superior. You can go from having an awesome drum mix to having a completely manufactured sound in no time though. The best thing ever is playing a song for someone who isn't a musician and having them ask me who played the drums. Just makes my heart beat a little louder :)

markgov

Reaction score
I am not really a fan of the superior drummer/pod combo anymore, but I am a fan of your song. Its good man! Personally, i think the drums are a tad loud but other than that the mix is fine. Cant wait to hear more!

MakewayforMan

The Light Eternal
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately SD/POD is all I've got haha!I really want an Axe FX 2 but there are just sooo many things I can do with 2k. I appreciate the praise though, man! And yes, the drums are a bit prevalent in the mix, but that's kinda my own personal preference. I've got about 15-20 other tracks that I'm working on, more to come!

Terminus1993

Reaction score
At 2:20 your guitar seems out of tune.
Pretty good job overall, lovin' your drum sound, and the song is pretty cool :)

MakewayforMan

The Light Eternal
Reaction score
At 2:20 your guitar seems out of tune.
Pretty good job overall, lovin' your drum sound, and the song is pretty cool :)

Nope, it's in tune! I tune up prior to recording any "keeper" takes haha. I think what you might be hearing is the difference in chord structure. The tapping section is based around a chord and the actual chords being played in the rhythm section are counter to those chords, but I feel as though they compliment one another. I thought it sounded cool, so I kept it. Although I certainly hear what you're saying.

And thanks for the kind words, man! I'm basing the kit that I use for the entire record around the one that was used in this song.

kengtin

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately SD/POD is all I've got haha!I really want an Axe FX 2 but there are just sooo many things I can do with 2k. I appreciate the praise though, man! And yes, the drums are a bit prevalent in the mix, but that's kinda my own personal preference. I've got about 15-20 other tracks that I'm working on, more to come!

Yes, you can do many things with 2K, but you can to MORE with an Axe FX 2 trust me !!! haha...

Regardless, awesome tune dude !! keep it up :metal:

MakewayforMan

The Light Eternal
Reaction score
Yes, you can do many things with 2K, but you can to MORE with an Axe FX 2 trust me !!! haha...

Regardless, awesome tune dude !! keep it up :metal:

Haha, yes, you are so right! I do plan on getting one, hopefully soon. Thanks for the kind words. I really can't wait to add vocals to the songs, but my focus was to first get composition down and then re-record them. I'll be adding more tunes shortly!

')