New Song: Blackened Doomish content

• Thread starter brutalslam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Djentleguy

Reaction score
It's kind of raw, guitars need alot of work, drums sound too mechanical, vocals sound fine IMO. The writing is amazing btw! Check my song out! :hbang:

Reaction score
It's kind of raw, guitars need alot of work, drums sound too mechanical, vocals sound fine IMO. The writing is amazing btw! Check my song out! :hbang:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm fine with it being raw, Im not really going for a perfect pristine mix with this. What about the guitars needs work?

And, yeah I had listened to your song, it sounds great :metal:

Underworld

Reaction score
^ drums should sound more "in the room" - add lots of reverb. Anyway that's what DOOM is made of!

Make it sound dirty!

Underworld

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll work on that. :yesway: Would you recommend adding reverb to the whole kit and cymbals?

Yes indeed. It will help capture the "sound in the room" feeling!

Here's one of mine that I recorded 3 years ago. It's shitty, but I might give you an idea. And even then, the overall mix could sound darker.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/759694/Shattered_vocals_v2-mp3.mp3

The best DOOM mix ever, IMO, would be DOOM : VS second album

If you listen closely, you can here that there is some reverb on everything, which gives that slow, creepy and dark feeling. Use a long delay/decay with moderate mix factor.

Reaction score
Thanks man, will work on that :yesway:

and the song of yours sounds great :metal:

EmpulseOrange

Reaction score
Thank you for showing me the most epic song I have ever heard... Going to try to find the Doom: VS album, thank you Underworld!

')