New Song "Dark Clouds On The Horizon Pt 1" (Agile Septor 8, Reaper Podfarm, S2.0

• Thread starter Triple7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Here is a new song I'm working on. The mix isn't final, I think it still needs some tweaking, but figured I would see what you guys thought.

I recorded this with my new Agile Septor, although most of this song only uses 7-strings until the end where it will crossover into part 2.

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/brianharrigan'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=8863140&scid=8863140&q=hi&ext=1&autoplay=0" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Th3 Beyond

Reaction score
That rhythm tone doesn't hold a candle to the clean... Kind of went nowhere though im afraid. Keep working on it.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Yea think I'm going to re-construct the whole thing, the more I listen to it, the more I'm not really sure where I was going with it.

Th3 Beyond

Reaction score
Try something new when it gets heavy, that riffs been done 300,000 times. Dont be another bulb tool like everyone else.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Yea, I rushed it to put it up on here and didn't really take the time to listen to it. The rhythm track needs to be totally re-done, your right I have heard that riff a million fuckin times:noplease:

The clean tone sounds good though?

Th3 Beyond

Reaction score
I thought it sounded decent, Im just sick of all the clone action.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I agree with you, I love that style, I love a good groove, but unfortunately like every good thing it's getting kind of played out (and I'm not helping using a recycled riff like that).

I'm actually working on a tune right now that has no "djent" at all in it, so I think I am going to finish that one up and post something different for a change, some good old 7-string progressive death metal.

SweepsAllDay

Bow to Keyboard Cat.
Reaction score
In order for it to groove, you gotta get a cymbal keeping time. That riff is just calling for a *crash* *crash* *crash* *crash*. Otherwise the drums sound kind of weird. If you want some help writing drums, let me know. BTW, I'm guessing you listen to After The Burial? Cuz this riff reminds me of Aspirations.

Th3 Beyond

Reaction score
I think thats a good idea, that djent stuff is played out and to be honest not very talented. The whole forum is infested with it, I just listened to 3 songs on the top of the recording section that all sounded exactly the same lol. "How many different ways to play a open note chug riff" should be the topic name. Ridiculous.

Its nice to see someone recognize the over use of a riff for once around here.

SweepsAllDay

Bow to Keyboard Cat.
Reaction score
I get that you don't like djent bands and clones, but that doesn't mean you have to tell this person to stop what they're doing. People emulate what they enjoy, and it's all a part of progression. Sometimes emulation provides a gateway to new ideas you never originally had. It happens in all music, so why single out a particular style? If you don't want to hear djent riffs, don't click on djent threads :yesway:.

AngelVivaldi

Contributor
Reaction score
I get that you don't like djent bands and clones, but that doesn't mean you have to tell this person to stop what they're doing. People emulate what they enjoy, and it's all a part of progression. Sometimes emulation provides a gateway to new ideas you never originally had. It happens in all music, so why single out a particular style? If you don't want to hear djent riffs, don't click on djent threads :yesway:.

:agreed: :agreed:

You have to start somewhere and the process of creating music is exciting for any passionate musician. So when you write something your passionate about, you're obviously going to be anxious to get it out there and hear what people have to say about it. Props for sharing my friend! :hbang:

The magic in polyrhythmic metal like this is to keep a groove somewhere, (usually a cymbal or something percussion related). Don't feel so restricted in just using a cymbal to keep a basic 4/4 pattern either. Keep it up!

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I think thats a good idea, that djent stuff is played out and to be honest not very talented. The whole forum is infested with it, I just listened to 3 songs on the top of the recording section that all sounded exactly the same lol. "How many different ways to play a open note chug riff" should be the topic name. Ridiculous.

Its nice to see someone recognize the over use of a riff for once around here.

We do have a couple of different people that are really talented in that style on this forum, I am trying a bunch of different styles out right now and trying to blend the aspects that I like from each one. I personally would really like to do something different, I just haven't found what it is yet.

More than anything right now I just want people to critique the recording itself over what style of music it is, I am still very new at the process and trying to learn as much as possible. This was actually the first time I tried to record using my 8-string, and thanks to your original post I now know I need to improve my rhythm tone.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score

You have to start somewhere and the process of creating music is exciting for any passionate musician. So when you write something your passionate about, you're obviously going to be anxious to get it out there and hear what people have to say about it. Props for sharing my friend! :hbang:

The magic in polyrhythmic metal like this is to keep a groove somewhere, (usually a cymbal or something percussion related). Don't feel so restricted in just using a cymbal to keep a basic 4/4 pattern either. Keep it up!

Awesome advice, thanks a lot:metal:

Th3 Beyond

Reaction score
Djent threads?, i was under the impression i was in the recording section of the sevenstring.org forums. My mistake....

And how exactly is it progression when you listen to 10 threads a day all consisting of the same 2 notes in different patterns? Wow thats really progressive! Not to mention highly talented! I could literally tie my right hand behind my back and play 90% of the stuff posted here.

Im not telling him what to play, he recognized his laziness and hes gonna correct it.

Im hear for 7 strings not bulb worship.

Djent thread pfff

SweepsAllDay

Bow to Keyboard Cat.
Reaction score
I didn't say it was progressive music. I was simply stating that part of the way for a musician to progress is to emulate what they listen to. It can give new ideas and new ways to approach music. It happens in all genres. Don't get upset about it, we're all just here to make and enjoy music, whatever it is.

Thread back on track: Let us know where this goes Triple7! And feel free to take me up on some drum program advice/help (if you would like some, that is).

Th3 Beyond

Reaction score
We do have a couple of different people that are really talented in that style on this forum, I am trying a bunch of different styles out right now and trying to blend the aspects that I like from each one. I personally would really like to do something different, I just haven't found what it is yet.

More than anything right now I just want people to critique the recording itself over what style of music it is, I am still very new at the process and trying to learn as much as possible. This was actually the first time I tried to record using my 8-string, and thanks to your original post I now know I need to improve my rhythm tone.

I agree, there are some talented people on here. But theres also alot of wannabes that have no skill at all. They go out and buy an 8 strings so they never have to learn a chord, chug chug 1 - - 3 chug chug. seriously.

Th3 Beyond

Reaction score
I didn't say it was progressive music. I was simply stating that part of the way for a musician to progress is to emulate what they listen to. It can give new ideas and new ways to approach music. It happens in all genres. Don't get upset about it, we're all just here to make and enjoy music, whatever it is.

Thread back on track: Let us know where this goes Triple7! And feel free to take me up on some drum program advice/help (if you would like some, that is).

Im not upset about anything, i would just to hear something original for once, if thats even possible.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score

Thanks again dude, there is a good chance that I will be doing that.:hbang:

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Diggin the tone. those Septors sound so sweet clean. i really am gassing for one...

oh wait. ;)

petrucci_dude

teh shredz0r
Reaction score

Well said, and to the guy you quoted, also well said!

Keep it up man. The cleans sounded nice and smooth in my opinion and I think you're on the right track in creating some sick sounding songs man!

')