New song: Darker Days (Hufschmid OTT pickup content. BIG SOUNDS)

• Thread starter MF_Kitten
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
dun d'dun dun dun d'dun dun dun d'dun dun dun d'dun dun dun dun... :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Remission

Reaction score
Really love it. The mix is tighter than a nun's.... yeah :ugh:

Listening through a set of M-Audio BX8a's and it sounds great! keep it up man. Really like they way the kick adds so much punch, reminds me of VoM's The Common Man's Collapse. :yesway: :metal:

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
I'm actually in love with the clean sections... so eerie...

shogunate

Reaction score
Fucking epic. Yes, it sounds like it could be a soundtrack, but that is a great fucking thing. Composition>technique, but blend them and you've got something real special.

That's a balance that is hard to obtain, and off the top of my head Buckethead has an amazing balance between being something that conveys mood and emotion, and something that fellow players can gawk at.

A fine balance that you have achieved, friend. Great, great composition, recording and playing

:hbang:^10, :yesway:^10, :shred:^10

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
i could make it less compressed-to-mother-of-fuck if you guys want :lol:

thanks for the lurbs! :)

edit: also, the creepy crawly guitars (the ones that come in first in the intro) are played by tapping the side of the pick on the string right after the bridge saddle, behind the brige pickup. there´s a sweet spot there that gives you that bendy dissonant sound :)

You're not the only one to achieve such awesome sounds...

Tapping the strings with a metal tool (screwdriver, i.e.) makes a cool sound also....

I love ambient shiet!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
thanks, both of you!

and yeah, i know there are loooots of weird noises that can be made by putting things on strings, but i'm not into the strangest of them :D

i really like how this specific noise sounds, because it has that dissonance and horror-ish suond to it :D

R3D

Reaction score
wow cant stop listening to it! love the ambience behind the brutal riffs, would be awesome with some industrial style percussion, but thats just my taste :mrburns:

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
Those guitar sounds starting at 3:15...how do you get them? That's what i wanted for my song I posted a while ago, but I couldn't dial it in.

Little help would be hot.

-Nolly-

Reaction score
Nice work dude, I think if you tracked the guitars a little tighter and reduced the loudness the mix would be a lot punchier. Also, the more congested bits like the last riff would have much more space for all the layers to sit comfortably.
Good sounds though mate.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Nice work dude, I think if you tracked the guitars a little tighter and reduced the loudness the mix would be a lot punchier. Also, the more congested bits like the last riff would have much more space for all the layers to sit comfortably.
Good sounds though mate.

those are my thoughts as well now that i´ve let my ears relax. it doesn´t kick the way i want it to, because it´s too compressed. it doesn´t have space to "grow" into.

and yeah, i really need to track it tighter. gotta play through it a few times to get it just right :)

thanks, man! :)

Andii

Reaction score
Western NC in a secret lair high on the mountain
Too sleepy to choose good adjectives:

Sounds really good, everything sounds pretty much perfect to me. It's not often I see a piece of sound engineering that works that well.

I'm listening on KRK monitors.

Ruins

Reaction score
fuck Kitten! this is an AWESOME track! i didn't visit this section of the forum for a while now and this just blew me away this cold evil crazy ambit melody in the background. really inspiring. :metal:

Edit:
i have to listen to it again now

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
great stuff dude! i really dig the use of synths over the riffs, i enjoy the repetitiveness of it, because it's the type of repetitve that builds and builds and takes you many different places with one driving theme! i like the guitar bends around :45 a lot, and then the end around 2:20ish...really smart change, and good use of the ride. i really enjoyed this dude! can only imagine a really good vocalist over this (tasteful screams and some dark low key melodic vocals would really make this pop!). :hbang:

')