New song: Darker Days (Hufschmid OTT pickup content. BIG SOUNDS)

• Thread starter MF_Kitten
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

8string

Grande puta de gear!
Contributor
Reaction score
those are my thoughts as well now that i´ve let my ears relax. it doesn´t kick the way i want it to, because it´s too compressed. it doesn´t have space to "grow" into.

No wonder Drewsif likes it :D:fawk:

Andii

Reaction score
Western NC in a secret lair high on the mountain
Nice work dude, I think if you tracked the guitars a little tighter and reduced the loudness the mix would be a lot punchier. Also, the more congested bits like the last riff would have much more space for all the layers to sit comfortably.
Good sounds though mate.

those are my thoughts as well now that i´ve let my ears relax. it doesn´t kick the way i want it to, because it´s too compressed. it doesn´t have space to "grow" into.

and yeah, i really need to track it tighter. gotta play through it a few times to get it just right :)

thanks, man! :)

I disagree with this. I hate the overuse of compression a lot(just ask drewsif:lol:) and it just wasn't done here. I'm not saying that just because it's not pumping either. Everything is pretty glued together the way it should be.

I've listened to this track on my monitors and on my studio cans from two headphone amps and I still think the nail was struck on the head with this one.

Jay Jay

The Djent Plane
Reaction score
No wonder Drewsif likes it :D:fawk:

That was mean, haha

I hate the overuse of compression a lot(just ask drewsif:lol:) and it just wasn't done here.

I'll have the both of you know that Drewsif has fixed his compression issues! And give him a break man! He was 16 when he came out with "An Insomniac's Narrative"! He's just turned 17, and he's doing everything better now! He's re-mixed a few of his tracks and says he's fixed all the issues!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
"egyptian meshuggah" sums up all the stuff people have said they hate in my music :lol:

"dude, why are you mixing egyptian shit with metal?!"

"dude, why are all the rhythms so odd and awkward and shit?!"

:lol:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
who is this "martin" you speak of? :lol:

thanks, man! (girl!) i agree that it´s kinda dirty, but i´m actually willing to bet that if i just tracked it as tight as it´s supposed to be, it would sound totally clean. it´s more about my sloppy-ass playing than the mix. the guitars feel a little like they´re floating above the mix a teeny bit i think.

anyways, v2.0 of this mix will be presented when i do my next clip anyways.

')