New song: "Firaga" Checkitoutguyz! axe fx, sd2.0-metal machine omnisphere

• Thread starter smarek88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
This is awesome dude. Very original stuff. The ending's freaking cool too haha. Great job all around :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

smarek88

Reaction score
thanks gata4! :)

okay i had a look at my sd2.0 setup.

its the avatar kit... but ive brought drums over from other kits with the x-drum feature.
including the kick and snare from metal machine.
as for the ride, its from the metal foundry kit - and its the 22" sabian tomas haake custom powerbell ride.

also, i bus them out seperately (kick, snare, hats, toms, overhead) so i can mix in logic. i use eq and compression on everytrack.
then i bus THOSE tracks to a single drum bus, aswell as a ANOTHER bus where i use parallel compression. sounds like shit on its own but together it brings the drum mix up abit.
i also send the snare and toms to a seperate reverb channel.

hope that helps guys :)

fickfack09

Reaction score
Man thanks for all the info! this really does sound great and i look forward to hearing more from you

TGN

Reaction score
Smarek, I was more thinking about the mix than about the composition, i.e., the trickiness of making the mix sound like one whole being played at the same time in the same place rather than a bunch of instrument tracks layered on top of each other.

smarek88

Reaction score
Well.
Everythings quad tracked
Excepttt te chorus is:
Rhythm: 1 hard left 1 hard right and 1 center
And the harmonised leads there are one mid left and one mid right...
Hope that helps :)

fickfack09

Reaction score
im sorry for the amount of noob questions but were the tracks all recorded separately or did you just duplicate two of the tracks then pan them like that

smarek88

Reaction score
All tracks were recorded seperately...
I found out if you copy paste tracks you get a yuck almost chorussy effect... Even just quad tracking properly sometimes does that... Just record WELL tight and if it aint tight dont stop until it is. Very important.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
Yeah never copy paste tracks, its just an exact replica, so you'll get a raise in volume, but if you record twice, the guitars then differ even by milliseconds in the time you hit the strings and the dynamics are different, even just slightly.

... and Awesome track as well.

broj15

Reaction score
drums sound great (especially bellhits and snare); guitar tone was pretty spot on too (good amount of "grind" while still maintaining clarity and articulation). I can respect the music in the way that obviously required talent/ effort to compose/ record, however it's just not my thing stylistically. Not trying to dis or anything. it's like if someone turned this on i wouldn't bitch but i probably wouldn't listen to it of my own accord. Nice title btw. It's good to see another FF fan :wavey:

manana

Reaction score
Do you think you can post a wav of just the guitar track playing the first riff?

manana

Reaction score
Yes please! Just one stem is fine, your tone is drool worthy!

manana

Reaction score
Thanks a lot man! Is this in drop A by any chance?

')