New song, Happiness in the wasteland (Serious GROOVE content)

• Thread starter TreWatson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I love you, McKay.

I'm kinda shocked no one got that sooner.

I'm eagerly awaiting FONV.

Ditto. Hardcore mode all the way.

Can't wait to get more of my Fallout project done. Building power armour suits out of fibreglass for it. No joke.

Oh yeah, fucking sick track dude.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
That sounds a fuckin awful lot like the preset I made for you dude? :scratch: just a little more compressed. Lay off the compression on the snare IMO, sounding way too "bottled" and blippy

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
Gotta say I liked the first mix probably the best. Kick ass song Tre! That snare owns bro.

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
Mattayus: i didn't use the preset ( couldn't figure out how to integrate it, I'm used to using .s20 files) but i DID sit and study how you constructed yours. and for that i am eternally grateful. you're a good teacher!

I like my snares to have a little bit of " clang" to them, but if it sounds too compressed I'll try to ease up on it.

thanks! :wavey: everyone else, thank you very much.

and McKay; HOLY FUCK. PICS. RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

munky27

steabag27
Reaction score
second mix is my favorite. the clarity still maintains a ton of power. absolutely brutal. You guys are sick. MD metal. lol.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Mattayus: i didn't use the preset ( couldn't figure out how to integrate it, I'm used to using .s20 files) but i DID sit and study how you constructed yours. and for that i am eternally grateful. you're a good teacher!

I like my snares to have a little bit of " clang" to them, but if it sounds too compressed I'll try to ease up on it.

thanks! :wavey: everyone else, thank you very much.

and McKay; HOLY FUCK. PICS. RIGHT THE FUCK NOW.

Fair do's man, was just wondering as I wasn't sure if you managed to use it or not. and you're welcome.

It's not so much that I don't like the clang, it's just not behaving very naturally, like it doesn't have room to breathe. Try employing some parallel comp techniques by having one top mic squished, but quite low in the mix, that gives you the initial attack and bite, and the other leave quite raw and use that as the body. The transient tool is an awesome little beast for getting the "clang" out of snares, I use one all the time on real snares too, just raise the sustain and it really extends the "ping". Fuck around with it and get nasty, you can create some sick snare sounds with that shit.

Tritono

Reaction score
To my ears all sounds very good. I cant say to you some recommendations because Im learning right now all this recording path. I checked your NES songs and I liked alot your compositions. Nes and Snes songs rocks! that style is one of the sounds that I most listen all the time, the sound of the 8 bytes is really pure in itself

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
thanks!

but if you can , keep the thread on-Topic, you can always PM me about anything not related to the thread ;)

Tritono

Reaction score
haha no problem man :). nes and snes music rocks. megaman 9, chrono trigger yeahh.

I think that the third tone sits better in the mix. Has more personality in the mix IMO. What guitar chain are you using? pod with impulses? some plugin? The end is nice :shred: and the snare rocks

Latest posts

')