New song. have a listen please :) More notey than usual for me :)

• Thread starter smarek88
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
Really digging the song man! It moves around a good bit, and still retains a really solid pocket and flow. What are you using for guitar and drum tones?

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
Nevermind, I read your SoundCloud. Mind if I ask how you're programming in SD? Do you use their sequencer, or Logic's hyper editor/piano roll?

smarek88

Reaction score
yeah dude guitar tone is axe fx 2 with the 6505 peavey model. and a new dead horse overdrive i just got yesterday. :)

and for the drums i just use the piano roll in logic pro 9. its tedious sometimes but once youve got the main groove you can copy paste and add/take away bits n pieces with a click of the mouse.
as for mixing the drums i do all the mixing with logics busses and plugins.

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
That sounds like what I'm trying to do. I use BFD, and have been banging my face on their sequencer for years. I just recently tried to take the programming out of BFD and into Logic. Still working on getting everything setup properly, but it's already looking a lot more flexible.

')