NEW SONG IDEA (PLEASE RATE)

• Thread starter vontetzianos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vontetzianos

Reaction score
Hey,

So this is a new song that I've started in guitar pro. Its pretty much a series of layered clean guitars with simple drum groove and some synth for space and depth, with added reverb and delay. Its in the key of E Aeolian (minor), and the main chords revolve around an E7sus4, Dadd9, F#m and a G6 (hope I've named them all). Please check it out, and any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks.

Attachments

• NEW SONG IDEA.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 28

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TonalArchitect

Augmented Chords!
Reaction score
I liked it a lot-- I adore layered stuff-- the only thing I'd do is add variations to what the second guitar track (labeled 'track 5') is doing. For example, have 'b' 'b' 'f#' occasionally instead of 'a' 'a' 'f#'. And so on and so forth.

Buy I really like your stuff, man. :yesway:

vontetzianos

Reaction score
^Thanks a lot. Yeah, this is just a preliminary version. All variations will come soon and I'll just add a few tiny variations to the drums to try not make it sound like a robot that's playing.

vontetzianos

Reaction score
AWESOME! but there is some atonation in intro

I know, in the 3rd bar I think. I purposely put that in cause I liked the clash between the major 2nd and minor 3rd. I dunno. I might change it later, plus the tone is completely clean so there won't be such a huge collision with the scale tones as if they were distorted.

The Atomic Ass

Redefining Sound
Reaction score
Interesting concept... Needs more recording/Soundclick, though. *winkwinknudgenudge*

vontetzianos

Reaction score
Interesting concept... Needs more recording/Soundclick, though. *winkwinknudgenudge*

Yeah, i know. Well being in South Africa and being 17, therefore leaching on my parents for much of my gear, recording is a bit of an issue. I'll definitely start when I've written enough material to justify the gear.

henrebotha

Reaction score
Yeah, i know. Well being in South Africa and being 17, therefore leaching on my parents for much of my gear, recording is a bit of an issue. I'll definitely start when I've written enough material to justify the gear.
I feel ya, man. Just be happy that you live in JHB and not the Cape... Stuff is even more expensive here.

Go to Music Connection if you need gear, their prices are great (and I think they deliver for free in JHB).

File won't open for me: "To open this file, please update your Guitar Pro software." I have version 5. :scratch:

vontetzianos

Reaction score
I feel ya, man. Just be happy that you live in JHB and not the Cape... Stuff is even more expensive here.

Go to Music Connection if you need gear, their prices are great (and I think they deliver for free in JHB).

File won't open for me: "To open this file, please update your Guitar Pro software." I have version 5. :scratch:

You live in Stellenbosch? I go to the winelands every year. There's only one guitar shop in Stellenbosch to my knowledge which wasn't really a guitar shop.

I think Guitar Pro cater for the update. Go to the website because I think you pay a small amount and you only receive the updated files.

If you like Ibanez, Tom's Music in Braamfontein here in JHB is the official dealership and importer of Ibanez. I got my brand new Universe there for R9000 as opposed to R17000 at Music Connection.

henrebotha

Reaction score
cba to update, don't want to pay anyway (I'm on a bit of a shoestring at the moment myself). Yeah the music shop here sucks, I have to drive through to Cape Town if I want anything (but the real expensive stuff I usually buy from Music Connection).

I'll definitely keep Tom's Music in mind, I may buy a more metal-ish guitar in the near future (Strat doesn't really cut it for teh djent).

The Atomic Ass

Redefining Sound
Reaction score
cba to update, don't want to pay anyway (I'm on a bit of a shoestring at the moment myself). Yeah the music shop here sucks, I have to drive through to Cape Town if I want anything (but the real expensive stuff I usually buy from Music Connection).

I'll definitely keep Tom's Music in mind, I may buy a more metal-ish guitar in the near future (Strat doesn't really cut it for teh djent).

If you've already got version 5, you won't need to pay to update. 5.2 is a free update.

')