New song! King's X soundalike :)

• Thread starter CGord
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CGord

Reaction score
A few of us at the Harmony Central Guitar Jam forums were geeking out on our King's X love when I decided to try & see if I could get something similar to their sound. One of the guys liked the 8 bar sample I posted enough to volunteer for vocal & lead guit duties on the completed song. His name on the boards is micwalt, & this dude simply smokes. I'll tell you what, I shit my pants the first time I heard the background vox kick in, let alone the solo. :shred:

So here 'tis: Set You Free

I used my Squier '51 on this, tuned to open C major. It's the bridge humbucker in split coil mode + the neck single coil. Amp model (GuitarPort) is the 6505 II with the 4x12 v30 cab. Bass is my Ibby SR500 through the Big Bottom model.

Hope ya dig it! :hbang: :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh dude you da man! This is the sorta sound I been goin for with my sideproject God The Bounty Hunter (ignore the horrible mix/tone on that song, it's getting redone soon!)

Vocals are a bit dry though I think man, need a bit of reverb or something to just sink them back a bit into the mix. Badass mix/tone though :yesway:

SymmetricScars

Reaction score
Haha undeniably king's x! I agree with mattayus though, about putting a touch more reverb on the vocals.

Sounds killer though :metal:

')