New song. Math metal/Djent/Industrial Death met(Pod Farm,Metal Foundry,Trillian)

• Thread starter Bodom Child
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10445753/MIX.mp3
What do you think? :)

<object data="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10445753/webplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="240" height="64">
<param name="movie" value="http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10445753/webplayer.swf">
<param name="menu" value="false">
<param name="scale" value="noscale">
<param name="flashvars" value="src=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10445753/MIX.mp3&amp;autostart=no">
</object>

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chaosxcomplex

Reaction score
Sounds good, the only thing I can say about it is that the bass drum "click" is a little too prominent...I don't know if that's what you were going for, but it almost sounds like it has a metallic quality, to my ears.

Otherwise, sick shit man!

TheSilentWater

is a nerd.
Reaction score
I'm really digging the bass drum personally. Nice atmosphere with the synths too, especially when juxtaposed with the brutal riffage. Nice work, man.

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
This Ozone 4, is it a sort of mastering suit or something? How do you use it...

Ohwell I'll just look up some video's :lol:

Does it work on the whole mix btw? Or just guitars?

Valserp

Only plays 1 string
Reaction score
^^ Ozone 4 is an awesome program that contains a parametric EQ, harmonic exciter, multiband compressor, loudness maximiser and a stereo expander, all of which do their job really really well.

Awesome song. I aggree about the bass-drum click being just a BIT over the top. The guitars are like :scream:

Disco Volante

Reaction score
Reminds me a lot of Bulb's work. Agree with what most are saying on the kick, it has a lot of beater flap in it and lacking a little bit of low end punch.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
This is sick! Would love to here this with vocals!

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
Holy shit man. That is a kick ass sounding mix and song. I agree with the click being a bit too prominent, but thats subjective. Id personally bring it down just a tad. Post more stuff dude. Would love to hear some more :D

Jaaaaamie

Wasteman Scumbag
Reaction score
GOddamn that kick is clickkkity, nice solid sound though, sounds sorta like a decent fear factory at parts haha sorry for any ff fans. And what the hell is a podfarm and where can i visit one?

Reaction score
I have sat down for hours at a time, and a friend of mine who posts often, Gino, has also sat down here and messed with this and I haven't been able to get tones that sound this good, not even close. What are you doin to get your tone to sound like this? Is this alot of post production stuff? I would like to hear this mix again with the kick drums bumped down a bit, it is super loud in the mix and I would like to hear how it sits with the djent riffs. Help me with Pod farm! Lol.

Travmack199

Reaction score
Working with the FX junking and Metal pack, along with a lot of tweaking with the EQ... Double tracking the guitars and playing really tight..

You can get a decent sound with the POD!

Cool tone man.. That drum mix is soo unique and intense! The click is a bit too much but it's really unique dude!

Zami77

Recording Bro
Reaction score
The song is really sick man! really tight playing and cool synths/drums! I like the guitar tone, and the drums, however as others have stated, the kick is a little too powerful in the mix. The bass tone i dont like too much and its too weak (but i know your using an emulator so i understand maybe not wanting to turn the bass up to much, although trilian offers excellent results, and thats coming from a bass player!) the song i downloaded onto my blackberry when i need to thrash my head randomly :hbang: good job!

prh

Plini
Reaction score
awesome! sounds like some of the heavier DT influenced bands around today, mixed with a bit of djentiness

kick is various things, as stated, everything else sounds sweeeet though

alvaro

... dat chugga
Reaction score
i like a lot this tune, agree with the kick issue, but the overall effect is great and the riffage owns!!!

keep us updated with more stuff please

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
serious skills, everyones talking about the kick.. but i think it fits, reminds me of old school Contraption 7(man, i should start a thread to see how many people know of that band) band, actually... the music reminds me alot of Contraption 7, solid track bro

')