New Song & Mix With Vox! Needs Critique!

• Thread starter Antenna
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
Alright so I wrote this song two years ago in when i was deployed to Iraq. It's alittle numetal-ish, the original version i made with all synths and now i finally recorded with guitars. It's a new mix and i still suck big balls at mixing but i think we're making some progress. Tell me what you think guys... and of course tell me how to make it better.:hbang:

SoundClick artist: Hand Of Taurus - Gangster Fresh, Experimental, Metal

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

4jfor

Reaction score
Good shit man. I really liked it.

Only thing id like is to hear the snare a bit louder.

Really good though.

Zami77

Recording Bro
Reaction score
add some reverb to the vocals to make them sit in better or maybe compress them a bit because the screams seem slightly piercing, thought not bad. besides that the vocals are pretty good, jsut cant say i like your screams that much, but its personal preference. The guitars are pretty decent, but the riffing are a tad to nu-metal for me. The drums sound a tad too compressed, and arent super realistic, but its just what your working with. Overall pretty decent job :)

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
Thanks Guys. Yeah I dont really prefer nu metal thats just how the song came out, I also know i am a terrible vocalist but I got no one else yet.

Zami: thanks for the critique pal I'm still a noob at mixing and compression still isnt making much sense so its a work in progress. wish i could make you like the screaming but it does sound like a 12 yr. old getting raped lol!!!!

krsp

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good for that type of song. I'm not really into the singing, but you have already addressed that. It is much better than I could do! I think the singing - at least the clean part - is too loud.

Antenna

Oh God Damnit!
Reaction score
yeah I'm trying to develop an ear to know how to get everything to sit in the mix better, sadly i have to develop skill instead of talent.

:wallbash:

')