New Song (Pain of Salvation/Haunted Shores/VoM/Periphery)

• Thread starter Zand3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
The track is great man, good job on the composition! Catchy:metal:
About the mix; the guitars are too loud, they are clouding the drums, the vocals could go a tad lower as well.
Reference your influences when mixing.
Hope this helps

Shotgun

Reaction score
Yeah, music is great. But guitars are too loud and vocal too. Drums should be the loudest thing in the mix and then will the mix be punchy and accurate and it helps the guitars to be defined. And mix the bass guitar very close to bass drum, the mix will be huge massive and not has muddy lows.

Zand3

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
The track is great man, good job on the composition! Catchy:metal:
About the mix; the guitars are too loud, they are clouding the drums, the vocals could go a tad lower as well.
Reference your influences when mixing.
Hope this helps

Thanks, I'm trying to get my mix better for each song, will definitely lower the guitars and vocals for the next one, and yeah, could definitely use to reference more often. Thanks for the tips and kind words! :bowdown:

Yeah, music is great. But guitars are too loud and vocal too. Drums should be the loudest thing in the mix and then will the mix be punchy and accurate and it helps the guitars to be defined. And mix the bass guitar very close to bass drum, the mix will be huge massive and not has muddy lows.

Thanks! About the drums being loudest and mixing the bass guitar close to the bass drum, I had no idea. Thanks very much for these tips. When you say close, you mean in volume right? Thanks again :yesway:

Latest posts

')