New Song (prog metal) Some Feedback please!

• Thread starter garithulu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

garithulu

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

Well is me again, here's a new song that I recorded, again same project and again still looking for drummer, singer and another guitar player hahahaha.

I would really like your feedback, Do you like the song of not? And feedback for the mix, I'm still learning and wanting to get better and really appreciate every feedback you guys give. Thank you!!!

Equipment: Musicman JP 13, seymour duncan 805, Protone Dead Horse Overdrive Deluxe, Mesa Boogie Mark V and Dual Rectifier, and Two Notes Torpedo Live.

Hope you like it guys! Thank you!

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/garitos-e-thulu/stormy-days-mix-ver1[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jinxist

Reaction score
Listening on macbook speakers, so its not the greatest for a true listen, however, I like the guitar tone here, the song itself is very reminiscent of Mastodon I find. I think the beginning part overstays its welcome though. Also, in the meantime, try to jazz up your drums with a bit more "oomph", I know you said you're looking for a drummer, but in the meantime, I think a better sounding drum over this track would make a world of difference!

There's my two cents haha

garithulu

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

Jinxist Thank you bro!, I'm really glad you like and that you like the guitar tone hahaha those things are like my main concern, still a struggle with the drum mix hahaha, even though is just a vst I'm trying to mix it like it was a real thing and I'm still not good at it but I understand what you mean and I'll try to make it better gonna start working on that later!.

Low Baller

Reaction score
I agree with cutting down the intro and spruce up the drums but I understand that you don't have a drummer. I have to stick with the stock cubase drums so I have similar problems with drums.

I really like the bass tone a lot if you could share (not your exact mix I am not asking for your secret recipe so to speak) but the direction or what your using that would sick.

Nice track and nice playing.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
Very tool-esque bass! All in all this is really rad. It has great space, but I feel like it's too compressed. Your bass could also benefit from less low mids. The drums also seem to have an excess of presence. Sick riffs though. It's got a Dream Theater meets 90's alt metal feel.

garithulu

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys!!

Low Baller thank you!! Really happy you like the song! and the bass tone. It's ok I dont have any problem of sharing what did I exactly do, I'll post some pics of that tomorrow, but the bass is VST I made it with Spectrasonics Trillian hahaha is amazing I must say, and yes still trying to get better with the drums!.

AnsRiddenDreams Thank you man!!! Is really important to me that you guys like the song!! About your feedback you right, still sounds really compressed and true about the bass now I realize that my speaker have a really low bass response or maybe is the room but gona fix that like now!!! Thank you!!!

ace_operations

Reaction score
Definitely like the guitar tones here, cool bass line too. It's that drums that needs looking at ... The drums have almost no low end, and is very "clicky", snare is lost in the mix, and the cymbals are too loud with lots of fizz. The toms seem okay to me though. Some amount of "humanization" of the drums will help too. It sounds very programmed. Try varying hit velocities, and throwing in some swing in the tempo/hits.

garithulu

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi ace_operations. Really glad you like the guitar tones and bass line :D . Well drums is a really weak point, I try different velocities and off tempo hits and still sound programmed still looking what to do, and the mix oh god you right the cymbals are too loud and with fizz and there is no low end especially with the kick I'm still tweaking a little bit to see what I can do. Did you like the song??

thisiswhywefight

formin like voltron
Reaction score
What are you using for drums? The snare sounds especially nasty, but I understand the limitations here. The rest of the song sounds pretty great.

garithulu

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Thisiswhywefight! I'm using Superio Drummer I don't why I make it sound so bad hahaha and I'm fixing the snare because you can barely heard it lol. Did you like the song?

')