New song that will be on my "album" (Kind of Djent with math rythms-ish) wtb critics

• Thread starter Larcher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/titancan'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=11161683&scid=11161683&q=hi&ext=1&autoplay=0" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>

using sd2.0 in this because I have not yet installed TMF after formating my machine, doesn't sound too bad for superior !

if you like this you should go Like my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Titan/196487550412933

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

killsteve

Reaction score
Untitled-1.jpg

Raxa

om nom nom
Reaction score
i like solo sound-what guitar you have?
drums are ok to my ear but id make em a bit lower

song structure...
too long you play the solo its kinda boring

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
^ thanks for the input, this song was made for some people who needed a theme song for their "guild" in a video game for an upcoming video game that is not released yet, they wanted something epic that didn't progress alot, so I came up with this.

As for the tone, I use an agile interceptor pro 727 with a podx3, only EQ I did on the guitars was bring the mids up just a bit, not alot

Menigguh

Reaction score
A little more high end in the rhythm guitar. Just a tad. Maybe a little compression that lead guitar (pre fx)
High shelf the drums to bring out a little more of the room

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
BUMP, I did what you said Menigguh, and I have to say the kit sounds much better, thanks !

Edika

Reaction score
In general the sound is good and heavy. The tone for the solo part is a little bit harsh. Especially in the beginning where the solo line is by itself. The high frequencies are "stinging" a bit. The rhythm guitars sound good and heavy but I think the lead part is too high up in the mix. It doesn't drown the rest of the instruments because you can hear them clearly but you should increase the rhythm guitars in the mix or decrease the volume of the lead a bit.

The song itself sounds more like an intro. If it is going to be in a video game only then I think it is cool as it is. If on the other hand you want to use release it as a music piece in a cd then it needs more work and the rest of the text is only for this case (otherwise ignore it :) ). The lead and rhythm guitars are nice but if you are not planning (or also planning) to add more riffs you should cut it a bit more sort. If vocals will be added it is another thing. The problem with instrumental music (if this is going to be an instrumental) is that if you repeat the same music phrase a lot it gets boring unless you have huge music phrase that you repeat.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
Merci :)

I will do some more work on the leads because I too found they were stinging as you said, I added a compressor to them as per request from Menigguh, maybe I should take it off or lower the volume ?

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
i agree the lead either needs to come down or the rhythm needs to come up. when the rhythm guitar comes in it should be like "whoa shit" and kinda create a new dynamic but the way its mixed, the lead guitar is overpowering it where it belittles the effect.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
bump, now with louder rythms and lowered the leads a tad. also added subdrop to give more "woah" when it all comes down

edit: going to bed now :D

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
added a fade out but it kinda sucks, I don't want to render into an mp3, and then open it in my daw again as an MP3 and add a fade out that because I feel the song would lose some audio quality ?

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
Is there a bass in the mix? because if there is, it needs boosting a little, the leads need less treble because they get a little shrill in parts. :yesway:

Other than that it sounds great bro!

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
That was pretty sweet dude...mad props for making an epic-sounding track! I REALLY dig your rhythm tone...it's very thick. My only critiques have already been stated by other members. Tone down the solo and make the drums a little more present.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
if there was a magic button that existed with the label "LOL PRESS ME FOR GOOD TOM SOUNDS LOL" I would spam that shit

edit: newer version again

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
Ah yes that's better, it has some power and thump about it now, I can feel the oomph forming like an embryo.

What did I just say? :eek:

Jeez too much caffeine today... :djent:

')