New song/video by my band...tech-y death/grind

TheArsonistsDaughter

Reaction score
Hey all...my band's been chipping away at a follow-up to our 2018 ep and decided to do a little teaser in the form of releasing the first finished song. And then I decided to sink myself into After Effects for 3 days to cobble together a video for the release...

Just wanted to share here. I went full-on with 7's right before my band got together and have really enjoyed being part of the community here. If you dig it, you can grab a free download off of our bandcamp...and follow us at the usual places...FB, IG, YT...

[youtube]

For anyone who's curious, tracked with my JP11 7 string with some Dimarzio pickup that's not stock (I suspect it's an Illuminator due to it's similarity to a 6 sting JP13 I had for a bit) and my Axe FX II. My live Dual Recto patch for my main/left channel and an approximation of a Mark V that uses Petrucci's Mark V settings from some video I stumbled across. Tracked direct using a combination of the 4x12 Solo Redwire cab and one of the Ownhammer Bogner Uber cabs on the main/left and the 4x12 USA Trad 906-421 and 4x12 Petrucci V30 mix. All fx including the weiro pitchshifter over the first two riffs tracked as part of the guitar sound, not added in post...

I have all this Petrucci stuff and don't even like Dream Theater...go figure, dude's got impeccable gear...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

exo

Reaction score
Hey all...my band's been chipping away at a follow-up to our 2018 ep and decided to do a little teaser in the form of releasing the first finished song. And then I decided to sink myself into After Effects for 3 days to cobble together a video for the release...

Just wanted to share here. I went full-on with 7's right before my band got together and have really enjoyed being part of the community here. If you dig it, you can grab a free download off of our bandcamp...and follow us at the usual places...FB, IG, YT...

[youtube]

For anyone who's curious, tracked with my JP11 7 string with some Dimarzio pickup that's not stock (I suspect it's an Illuminator due to it's similarity to a 6 sting JP13 I had for a bit) and my Axe FX II. My live Dual Recto patch for my main/left channel and an approximation of a Mark V that uses Petrucci's Mark V settings from some video I stumbled across. Tracked direct using a combination of the 4x12 Solo Redwire cab and one of the Ownhammer Bogner Uber cabs on the main/left and the 4x12 USA Trad 906-421 and 4x12 Petrucci V30 mix. All fx including the weiro pitchshifter over the first two riffs tracked as part of the guitar sound, not added in post...

I have all this Petrucci stuff and don't even like Dream Theater...go figure, dude's got impeccable gear...

Great to see one of my local acts posting here.......catch you guys at some shows this summer, hopefully....

TheArsonistsDaughter

Reaction score
Thanks man! We've been kicking around for awhile...it'll be 16 years in June...hard to believe. Will definitely be playing in the area again once we wrap up this record!

Latest posts

')