New Stephen Carpenter 7 banger model!!!

• Thread starter dowenprs
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dowenprs

Carpenter Whore
Reaction score
Now, dont know yet if it is going to be availible for the US, it looks like it will be, but hasn't been confirmed yet. For sure this is going to be availible outside the US.

src-7_stg.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That would go great with my 6 string SRC is STG!!

Dan really likes that, looks sweet!!

Peace

Dan:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
i think thats killer! i <3 green and EMGs... Too bad the price tag will be astronomical.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
...How exactly is this a new model? It's green, wasn't there a green model before too? It's exactly the same.

dowenprs

Carpenter Whore
Reaction score
The price may not be all that bad, ESP is lowering a lot of prices this year. The Stef B7 was lowered, i bet you'll be able to score this for around 2000, give or take a bit.

You have to see this color in person too, it looks incredible!! This is probably the best picture i have of the color.
DSC00201.jpg

It looks incredible in person!

Peace

Dan

How exactly is this a new model? It's green, wasn't there a green model before too? It's exactly the same.

The only actual ESP 7 string models that have been offered in the States were the black with pearl binding, which was loaded with 2 SD hum and a single coil, and then the Stef b-7, which is a bariton and has a reverse headstock.

This guys is 25.5 scale, with normal headstock, and of course green.

Peace

Dan

How exactly is this a new model? It's green, wasn't there a green model before too? It's exactly the same.

The only actual ESP 7 string models that have been offered in the States were the black with pearl binding, which was loaded with 2 SD hum and a single coil, and then the Stef b-7, which is a bariton and has a reverse headstock.

Peace

Dan

Brord

Furor Teutonicus
Reaction score
Really gorgeous guitar, of all signature models(series) I think I like the SC series the best. Really classy looking, I think the guy has taste.

But the again I still think +-2000 is a lot of cash for a production model guitar. Why would anyone buy a 2000 dollar (or euro for that matter) guitar when one can get a guitar hand made, custom made, exactly to ones wishes for allmost half the price???

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score

Ah, I see. Still would have liked to see something like this with a trem, or a normal pickup config, but I guess as long as they changed something :lol:

I still think +-2000 is a lot of cash for a production model guitar. Why would anyone buy a 2000 dollar (or euro for that matter) guitar when one can get a guitar hand made, custom made, exactly to ones wishes for allmost half the price???

Oh god, not this discussion again :lol: You're not going to get a custom ESP for 2 grand US. Not a whole lot of places that you can for 2 grand US, maybe 2000 Euro, but that's a whole different story. KxK had that offer for like 1 grand for their 7 string super strat, but that was a special deal he was offering, with limited options, like 1 pickup, no trem, etc. Personally I agree with you, I'd rather pay a bit more and get a full custom, but if you're going to match the quality of an ESP you're going to be paying a bit more than 2k.

Brord

Furor Teutonicus
Reaction score
Well I know that at RANN guitars they can make a guitar EXACTLY to my wishes for like 1400 euro's, if I remember correct.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
You also live in Europe, which means shipping/duty is going to be a lot less. People have gotten quotes from Ran here and if I can recall they said it wasn't really worth it for them. 1400 Euro's is around 1850 US, so after you add all that crap on top of that you might as well get it done here.

jtm45

Reaction score
I'd love one!!!!!!!!!!

It does my fuckin' head in how much people bang on about the pickup configuartion on these.
The neck(/middle) pickup sound great there.
It tightens it up no end and when i've played any SC i've never found that it got in the way.
I think a lot of the people who gripe about the pickup placement have never tried an SC.

I think it's time for the classic "I've got a lot of nice guitars" Stef pic again;
stef.jpg

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
That's pretty sweet, thanks for posting it Dan! If it's at NAMM, you can bet I'll get a picture of it! :hbang: I'm so excited... is it Saturday yet?! :wallbash:

Tybanez

Reaction score
That pic of SC with his axes is just sick.Lucky bastard. The first guitar looks really cool.I normally do not like green on guitars but that one looks sharp.

dowenprs

Carpenter Whore
Reaction score
You got to see his guitars in person, they are incredible!!! When i got to hang with him in march, i was lucky enough to see them up close. They are all insane! The 3 tone sunburst looks absolutely incredible! Best sun burst finish i've ever seen. The camo one is just really cool, it just looks so cool up close. That is why i went with that finish for mine, i was blow away by it when i saw it.

I dont think i posted an update on my custer here. I got word that i should be getting it in about a month now!!

Peace

Dan

')