New Strandberg. 5 string Guitar

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score

“This five-string electric guitar is a literal dream of mine”: Strandberg and Jacob Collier’s game-changing signature guitar finally arrives this summer​

TpQbjrJmexWKZcSJ9cD2wB-970-80.jpg.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this yet...
Wasn't sure where since it isn't standard or extended.

also, will anyone care?

Do I need to know who this guy is?

rokket2005

Reaction score
Youtube'd been trying to show me this video for a few days but I couldn't care less about Jacob Collier. Interesting guitar I guess but I don't think the market exists for it outside of him.

Didn't see a thread on this yet...
Wasn't sure where since it isn't standard or extended.

also, will anyone care?

Do I need to know who this guy is?
He's a musical savant who writes modern jazz essentially. He got popular doing reharmonized covers of a bunch of stuff and he sings like he is in the Rat Pack.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
Famous guitar maker makes signature guitar for "star" solely to get visibility with Tik Tok generation.

There was once a time when luthiers made signature guitars for true innovators - Les Paul being the best example. Now it's product placement.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Famous guitar maker makes signature guitar for "star" solely to get visibility with Tik Tok generation.

There was once a time when luthiers made signature guitars for true innovators - Les Paul being the best example. Now it's product placement.

Since you're based in London, I'm assuming you're probably sick of hearing about the guy and can't stand him out of spite. :lol:

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think the concept is interesting and Jacob is very talented but I'm not a fan of anything of his I've heard yet.

Honestly, his "zany" Nickelodeon outfits are so off putting it's enough to not make me want to listen to him :lol:

JDB123

Newb Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It could be used as a purely shred stick, tune it to all 4ths. Not really digging the Bauhaus color theme I’m starting to see everywhere, though I do dig the solid color paint job. Just hard to justify a nearly $3k MII Strandberg anymore, especially a particularly niche one. He’s pretty popular though so I’m sure they’ll sell well for a while.

')