New Strandberg. 5 string Guitar

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chipchappy

thudmaster
Reaction score
Yeah I respect that he's some kind of musical genius that people much more musically educated than me respect and enjoy, but his music hits my ears wrong every time I try. Sometimes it's just like... stop doing so much. Or in the words of Devin, "Shut up, we know you can play! Jesus!"

He's definitely not a musical genius. He's a dude who's doing a lot of the same stuff thats been done by insta/youtube music education channels but does so while leaning into his quirkiness as an aesthetic. There's nothing groundbreaking or interesting about him, he just knows how to capture the attention of the musically inept (and when things are slow he just takes stabs at people who do categorically different stuff than him, like Rick Rubin)

Hell, the guy admitted he tunes to relative notes in his head instead of to conventional guitar tunings, which is just silly and lazy. Have you heard his playing on announcement vid for this guitar? It sounds like ass, he's not a good guitar player.

Don't let him fool you, I'm sure most of us here on this forum are better musicians than him. Berklee College of Music around the corner from me is filled with idiots like this guy, he's a dime a dozen.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
BOLD. I love the aesthetic, and would assume that they’re fully expecting this to be a niche-seller. I sure as hell won’t be a customer at that price, but a mild-multiscale 5 string would be a great platform for CGDAE noodling.
Nothing but respect for Collier as a musician, his fluency across multiple instruments is impressive, even though his output isn’t what I would call “my bag”.
Who's/what bands music can you completely with that tuning?

PerfectCandor

Anti-Active-Pickup Activist
Reaction score
Famous guitar maker makes signature guitar for "star" solely to get visibility with Tik Tok generation.

There was once a time when luthiers made signature guitars for true innovators - Les Paul being the best example. Now it's product placement.
Probably rage bait, and if anything I'm a Jacob Collier hater, however this is just how business operate in the current era. I'm not sure what your problem is with Instagram crossover posts or whatever, it's the same as a page with Slash playing a Les Paul in a late '80s issue of Guitar magazine...

There was once a time when people were excited to see what new and unique features guitars would have next instead of whining about who got a signature guitar - don't push a unique guitar to the side because you wouldn't play it since it isn't what you're used to if you want to see "true innovators". This is horribly ironic and why we don't see "true" innovation in the guitar circle.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Maybe we need a Reduced Range Guitars section for these and the Loogs and the BCR Pentatones and the Schecter 5 strings and tenor guitars and such.

')