New Strandberg. 5 string Guitar

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Can't wait for the next wave of insufferable bedroom shredders thinking they're innovative because they play one less string.

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score
Where are we getting this baritone nonsense? It's 25.5 right?
This is basically a tenor guitar. Maybe somebody changed out of their budgie smugglers
Probably rage bait, and if anything I'm a Jacob Collier hater, however this is just how business operate in the current era. I'm not sure what your problem is with Instagram crossover posts or whatever, it's the same as a page with Slash playing a Les Paul in a late '80s issue of Guitar magazine...

There was once a time when people were excited to see what new and unique features guitars would have next instead of whining about who got a signature guitar - don't push a unique guitar to the side because you wouldn't play it since it isn't what you're used to if you want to see "true innovators". This is horribly ironic and why we don't see "true" innovation in the guitar circle.
Do I have a problem with Instagram crossover posts? 😁 Please do let me know...🤣😂

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score

“This five-string electric guitar is a literal dream of mine”: Strandberg and Jacob Collier’s game-changing signature guitar finally arrives this summer​

View attachment 147078
I hear the new Strandberg Seasick Steve signature model has gone past prototype stage.
1000010668.jpg

Festivus

Reaction score
"I always thought, ok, Steinberger of headless guitars, then you got your Strandberg of headless guitars...what, you're gonna tell me you've never pondered the difference?"

1721793344900.png

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
To each their own, but this genuinely looks like a guitar made by fisher price.

EDIT: I can't find a single song of his that even uses a guitar.... modern guitar sigs make zero sense to me.

There's a few more and some even include Steve Vai.

I can understand the hate towards Collier. I have tremendous respect for him, certainly give him credit for actually making music, touring, getting guys like Quincy Jones and Steve Vai on his side, rather than just a barrage of throwaway 'content'. And I genuinely like his music, it is charming seeing a young guy treat music like a massive playground. But I don't love it. Since he takes the maximalist method when it comes to writing and arranging it gets fatiguing to listen to. If reharmonising was like a picture, Collier is like the guy who starts drawing and doesn't stop and goes on some more; like how most Warhammer 40k or Image comics in the 90s overdesign their characters. It's too much information and gets old quickly even to guys who love dense music, similar to how free jazz can be unlistenable to most.

Last edited:

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
I didn't see the specs, but it seems there will be a 6 string version as well

Very obvious marketing move. Even the biggest JC fanboy guitarists won't know what to even do with a five string instrument, so they did a standard version to grab the cash of this audience.

Is it only me who wants to punch JC in the face after listening to him talking for 15 seconds? Sorry for this verbal outburst of violence. :shrug:

Rubbishplayer

Reaction score

There's a few more and some even include Steve Vai.

I can understand the hate towards Collier. I have tremendous respect for him, certainly give him credit for actually making music, touring, getting guys like Quincy Jones and Steve Vai on his side, rather than just a barrage of throwaway 'content'. And I genuinely like his music, it is charming seeing a young guy treat music like a massive playground. But I don't love it. Since he takes the maximalist method when it comes to writing and arranging it gets fatiguing to listen to. If reharmonising was like a picture, Collier is like the guy who starts drawing and doesn't stop and goes on some more; like how most Warhammer 40k or Image comics in the 90s overdesign their characters. It's too much information and gets old quickly even to guys who love dense music, similar to how free jazz can be unlistenable to most.

Why do you have to characterise any critcism as hate?

Can't we just find him boring, gimmicky and derivative? 🤣

')