New Studio Desk!

• Thread starter Webmaestro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    argosy
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
WEWT!

My Argosy Halo desk just arrived... in 7 separate boxes. I'll post more pics once I actually get it assembled (hopefully this weekend) and all my gear, monitors, etc. mounted \m/

34888842911_b9796ebaa2_b.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Okay, got 'er all set up...

Before

Not a bad setup--served me well for many years. Quite the mess of cables though, and getting to anything in back is a total pain:
34267586593_6876f2a45e_o.jpg

After

You'd never guess from looking, but there's a whole mess of cables in back, neatly managed and outta sight (unless you go around back, of course). The empty 4U space on the right is where my PC will eventually go, once I transfer the guts to a rackmount case:

35037929846_eccdd3aa96_o.jpg

I keep setup supplies, picks, etc. in the 2 drawers in the middle. There's also a pull-out keyboard/mouse tray that you can't really see here:

34234318454_47cf53757a_o.jpg

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Nice and tidy.

But...

pro tip,

HS80Ms are not designed to be on their sides. You actually muck with your stereo field and your ideal sitting position when you do that.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Nice and tidy.

But...

pro tip,

HS80Ms are not designed to be on their sides. You actually muck with your stereo field and your ideal sitting position when you do that.

I was wondering about that. I did it because when they're upright the tweeters are way above my ears, rather than level with my ears (as the manual says they should be).

Luckily, I have 6 degrees of tilt available via the stands, so I'll put 'em upright and experiment with tilting them downward a bit.

Last edited:

schwiz

Lefty
Reaction score
if you cant get enough tilt, you can put a piece or two of foam under the back of the speaker. I have the stands you have in your first picture and they are just a bit too tall with my Rokit 8's, so I added foam underneath the back and they are now perfect!

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
All kinds of jelly. That's such a clean and inviting setup. I was on a desk hunt a few months ago that I stopped for no reason. You sparked my "need" again.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Okay, I've re-oriented the monitors, which required me to move them inward a bit as well as tilt them downward 6 degrees. This should work nicely...

34295587954_a50d7d84c3_o.jpg

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know why, but something about getting an Argosy desk with a Focusrite Scarlett is just extremely punk to me :lol: Neat setup! I'd love to have a concave workspace like that, it's just a more ergonomic way to work than a regular rectangular desk.

')