New stuff with toneport

• Thread starter John_Strychnine
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
Got a tone port about a week ago. havent got any of the expensions packs yet, but anyone who has this unit i reccommend that you get them, the standard tones you get with the unit arent the best...
Anyway heres a few clips...rough at the mo, using dfh superior and the tone port with a ge7 and ns2 (boss) and a schecter 7 string (tuned to trusty Ab) and musicman 5 string :ugh: :scratch:

www.soundclick.com/elementsuk

Songs - Anomaly and In this moment

both still in stages of completion :spock: :idea: :nuts:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El_Camello

Reaction score
Wow, that tone is pretty good and tight for direct. Does the Toneport record your guitar clean signal then effects it? Could I record something, THEN mess around with the tone? or send the clean signal to an amp and re-record it?

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Yah could u explain how it works.. I am kinda interested with one, so I could actually bring my pod to my room and hook it to my stack instead of having it near the comp all day..

So u record in, and then alter the tone in a program??

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
i like it :hbang: . very tight sounding. interested with one too. lately ive been thingk about selling my amp and pedals (minus the EX7) and getting a POD/Vamp/proccessor and a drum machine.

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
Hey thanks gents, not sure what the reamping with the toneport, it would be amazing if you could though!
I used the marshall jcm 800 model on the topeport (same as your pod) with gate and stuff and the g12-75 marshall cab with sm57 off axis with no room characteristics.

I cant wait to get the metal packs!

Drums are done with DFH Superior

The tone is altered on the computer via a separate program to say cubase... Which means no latency woohoo!

Good unit for the price i got it for, the bass modelling on it is piss poor though, so ima upgrade to the bass packs...

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
that tone kicks arse. It feels as though it hits you full on in the face. Very cool melodies in there. Overall great stuff.

By the way John, I tried to attend your show at the Doctors Tonic not too long ago, but when I got there the place was packed and they wouldn't let me in. It sucked!

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
that tone kicks arse. It feels as though it hits you full on in the face. Very cool melodies in there. Overall great stuff.

By the way John, I tried to attend your show at the Doctors Tonic not too long ago, but when I got there the place was packed and they wouldn't let me in. It sucked!

Was that the green room?

Mate... I had to sneak in so many people that night, if i would have known i would have got you in too...

give us a message and ill give you my number/msn etc.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
So does toneport have its own recording program, or do u have to use something like cubase?

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
dont have a pc with internet at the mo, ill try uploading on monday when im back at work.
its the jcm 800 model with g12-75 marshall cab with classic distortion pedal (all 3 knobs at noon) gate pretty much at full, no room characteristics with sm57 off axis

gain at 6, bass at 4, mids full, treble at 6, presence at 6. volume at 9. ish.

ull need a ge7 and ns infront of it to get it exactly the same though. sounds quite thin till you add the bass aswell!

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Great stuff as usual John! :metal:
Hope you'll post your patch. I've got an XT that I haven't taken the time to make any good patches for - still stuck in my Digitech world.

')