New Suhr Modern Frost!

• Thread starter WillDfx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WillDfx

Reaction score
imagekyq.jpg

"Since the 1950's, California car culture has heavily influenced guitar finishes. The Frost series is our take on the current "Matte finish" trend. This finish has an uneven, textured surface which deflects light at different angles, causing it to appear matte. Never satisfied with the norm, we developed a custom combination of matte and pearlescent paints to create an entirely new optical effect - "where matte meets shimmer."

This sounds very interesting! Can't wait to actually see some examples.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
THIS DOES NOT BODE WELL FOR MY UNDERWEAR

NOPE

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I'm curious how it's different than the "soft touch" finishes they offered when they introduced the modern pro series -

P1000062.JPG

P1000063.JPG

It's a bitch to clean, but it looks decent.

Fluxx

Reaction score
Looks like ice cream.
My guess is that it rubs to a gloss fairly easy.
They're neat colors, but I still prefer a gloss finish on a Suhr.

DTay47

Reaction score
These would look so much better on a true strat imo, give it that 50s/60s sort of feel. I love cheesy colours on strats, but not really much else.

groovemasta

Reaction score
Oh my god, the orange one with white pickups and a maple fretboard would be so amazing.

Creamsicle :yesway:

Robinho

Banned
Reaction score
I am guessing this is a way for them to make money. Basic woods and parts for over, let me guess, $2250. If it retails for $1200 it would be worth it.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I am guessing this is a way for them to make money. Basic woods and parts for over, let me guess, $2250. If it retails for $1200 it would be worth it.

:lol: Oh dis guy!

What are "basic" guitar parts and woods? People pay what they believe accurately reflects the value of the instrument to them.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score

There may not be a figured top, but it's not as if they just found some scrap bits of wood laying around the shop. The hardware is top notch too; Hipshot tuners, Gotoh bridge, stainless frets and Suhr pickups.

$1,200? Get real. The Indo-made Premium Ibanez with the pot-metal trems go for $1,000. This is easily worth double that.

')