New Suhr Modern Frost!

• Thread starter WillDfx
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
6bc1d3_e6d7aedd0433e160829a3970827595ee.png_srz_370_960_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz
6bc1d3_ec2d40602c2d7994cd581e662bbed31b.png_srz_392_977_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Brb, new pair of underwear.

Electric Wizard

it's my first day
Reaction score
^Just about every week I facepalm at which one wins.

I have to say, these have grown on me. I wasn't too impressed when I got the email about them. My feeling is that a solid finish on a guitar in the Suhr price range is kind of a waste. That blue one though...

Jzbass25

Reaction score

I have to say, these have grown on me. I wasn't too impressed when I got the email about them. My feeling is that a solid finish on a guitar in the Suhr price range is kind of a waste. That blue one though...

Yeah, some weeks I'm like how the hell did that one win... :scratch:

Tom 1.0

Djizz.
Reaction score

I think it depends on the model, I would be upset if these were only available on something like a GG or something, but these are going to be Pro models? Which makes perfect sense.

I love the blue, if they do one with a maple neck......

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score

A nice finish is just as good or better than a piece of figured wood. Hell some finishes take more in time and skill than the cost of the wood too (definitely 100% on the skill side). Not sure where, or even why there is a whole 'expensive guitar is figure wood or bust' mentality around here, but it is rather silly.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A nice finish is just as good or better than a piece of figured wood. Hell some finishes take more in time and skill than the cost of the wood too. Not sure where, or even why there is a whole 'expensive guitar is figure wood or bust' mentality around here, but it is rather silly.

Well, in the words of a famous hyp..I mean guitar..builder: "They just don't cut down trees like that anymore."

:rofl:

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
A nice finish is just as good or better than a piece of figured wood. Hell some finishes take more in time and skill than the cost of the wood too (definitely 100% on the skill side). Not sure where, or even why there is a whole 'expensive guitar is figure wood or bust' mentality around here, but it is rather silly.

Hell I think my Camo ESP has the best finish out there, I love it more than any figured top :lol:

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, in the words of a famous hyp..I mean guitar..builder: "They just don't cut down trees like that anymore."

:rofl:

Not to mention figured wood is less consistent, which aesthetics aside, makes it a less predictable and desirable material. :lol:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not to mention figured wood is less consistent, which aesthetics aside, makes it a less predictable and desirable material. :lol:

Hence why companies like G&L offer extended warranties on instruments that use figured woods for the neck.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Hence why companies like G&L offer extended warranties on instruments that use figured woods for the neck.

Yeah BEM neck = cut neck waranty to 90 days instead of 10 years. Aka we'll get it out the door good, but we aren't responsible for anything thereafter.

DoomJazz

Classic Lojack
Reaction score
Dear Suhr, quit being incredibly expensive, you're making my boner hurt and I can't buy you to make it go away because *insert lame ass 99% joke*

Love it, though.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dear Suhr, quit being incredibly expensive, you're making my boner hurt and I can't buy you to make it go away because *insert lame ass 99% joke*

Love it, though.

Suhr guitars, while not cheap, aren't too "out there" in price. I mean, you can score Pro Series models all day for a good chunk under $2k.

Then there's alway the Rasmus line.

Rezamatix

Reaction score
This thread maes meant a Suhr. And I can't stand the headstocks. (Unless they are reversed of course)

')