New Sumerian Records Style Song

Buch20

Reaction score

New Song. I recorded it on garage band in 2 days so give me a break about the shitty tone and playing. I reeeally messed up the sweep part, but I really wasn't in the mood to make it perfect since this is just a lil taste of my music and my first song ever recorded. Tell me what you think :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Not bad, nice catchy riff there at 1:54.

Not to be a dick but isn't it a bit silly to ask for people's opinions on your music, so long as they don't comment on the guitar tone or playing?

Iamasingularity

7string Ghost
Reaction score
Lots of riffs with potential floating around. Don`t know about the title though.
I felt like it was missleading. Don`t hear anything "Sumerian Records Style"
about it going on here.

Buch20

Reaction score
Not bad, nice catchy riff there at 1:54.

Not to be a dick but isn't it a bit silly to ask for people's opinions on your music, so long as they don't comment on the guitar tone or playing?

Thank you and I never said don't comment on the tone or playing, just that I already know it's not up to par. And I meant more about creative part/writing of the song, but yes it all is important.

Buch20

Reaction score
Lots of riffs with potential floating around. Don`t know about the title though.
I felt like it was missleading. Don`t hear anything "Sumerian Records Style"
about it going on here.

A lot of Born of Osiris, Veil of Maya and Periphery influence minus the "Egyptian" sounding modes (although I have some like that in songs to come :D). Some Animals as Leaders in there too but they're on prosthetic.

Edika

Reaction score
Nice ideas, would be interesting to listen to with better production. I haven't listened extensively to the bands you mentioned as the influences but what these ideas bring to mind is the efforts of other gentlemen (or djentlemen) in this forum. As a structure the song has a nice flow. I didn't find myself thinking "now why would he go from that riff to this riff?" not once.

Buch20

Reaction score
Nice ideas, would be interesting to listen to with better production. I haven't listened extensively to the bands you mentioned as the influences but what these ideas bring to mind is the efforts of other gentlemen (or djentlemen) in this forum. As a structure the song has a nice flow. I didn't find myself thinking "now why would he go from that riff to this riff?" not once.

Thank you very much. That's what I've tried to work on over the years of writing.
I would highly recommend you check out Born of Osiris new album The Discovery. Absolutely amazing. Here's a link if you don't feel like searching it on youtube :)

Iamasingularity

7string Ghost
Reaction score
A lot of Born of Osiris, Veil of Maya and Periphery influence minus the "Egyptian" sounding modes (although I have some like that in songs to come :D). Some Animals as Leaders in there too but they're on prosthetic.

I don`t know what to say... I hope you listen to other music thats not on Sumerian as well.. Liking a record company is alright but to the point that the majority of the posts you make is just a repost of your video...

Anyway I wish you luck on your upcoming recordings, but I hope you stop "advertising your video" In the long run it will do you no good, and people will find it annoying (as you can see you already got red rep for that) Feel free to ask questions/advice/etc and you will get plenty of support from the SSO community. Spamming though will land you in the ban-list : /

Buch20

Reaction score
I don`t know what to say... I hope you listen to other music thats not on Sumerian as well.. Liking a record company is alright but to the point that the majority of the posts you make is just a repost of your video...

Anyway I wish you luck on your upcoming recordings, but I hope you stop "advertising your video" In the long run it will do you no good, and people will find it annoying (as you can see you already got red rep for that) Feel free to ask questions/advice/etc and you will get plenty of support from the SSO community. Spamming though will land you in the ban-list : /

Yea, I actually listen to all genres of music but mainly the metal I like comes basically from sumerian. Your kind of talking down to me because of one post about bands that influenced this song, however you know nothing of my musical history. But that's what I get for "advertising" the song. I've never used the site before this so I know nothing about it, I just heard that Bulb posted a lot of his early stuff on this site to get a start. I just wanted to get my music out there, not everyone has to like it, and I didn't write it for everyone, I wrote it for me. Honestly, I don't have a care in the world about people negatively responding to me, because life is too short to worry about people who don't like my "SHITTY FUCKING BREAKDOWN CORE". Thank you for your advice though, and I wish you the best.

Iamasingularity

7string Ghost
Reaction score
Yea, I actually listen to all genres of music but mainly the metal I like comes basically from sumerian. Your kind of talking down to me because of one post about bands that influenced this song, however you know nothing of my musical history. But that's what I get for "advertising" the song. I've never used the site before this so I know nothing about it, I just heard that Bulb posted a lot of his early stuff on this site to get a start. I just wanted to get my music out there, not everyone has to like it, and I didn't write it for everyone, I wrote it for me. Honestly, I don't have a care in the world about people negatively responding to me, because life is too short to worry about people who don't like my "SHITTY FUCKING BREAKDOWN CORE". Thank you for your advice though, and I wish you the best.

Ohhh. What the hell dude. I`m disappointed that you thought I was talking down to you. If I had know you were like this I wouldn`t have taken the time to check out your stuff and give my opinions on it. I guess you were expecting too much from me. I just said that because in 4 of the posts I visited I found the very same video, and some people consider that as Spam.
People on SSO these days :squint:

Buch20

Reaction score
Ohhh. What the hell dude. I`m disappointed that you thought I was talking down to you. If I had know you were like this I wouldn`t have taken the time to check out your stuff and give my opinions on it. I guess you were expecting too much from me. I just said that because in 4 of the posts I visited I found the very same video, and some people consider that as Spam.
People on SSO these days :squint:

Woaahh, I don't expect anything from anybody man. I'm sorry if I sounded like a dick in my last post I really wasn't trying to be. I realize some people view that as spam or "advertising" (I'll admit it was advertising to an extent) but I was just posting it on multiple threads as I figured not everyone viewed all the threads. As I said I just wanted to get my music out there, and maybe I did that the wrong way for this site, apparently people on here aren't very tolerant of same posts on multiple threads, lol! Thank you for giving me your opinion though, I appreciate that.

')