New Sylosis track...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Well... it still shreds like the Sylosis I know but you're right the vocals aren't as melodic as before and do bare a striking resemblance to Trivium, I was expecting him to do some cleaner/more melodic vocals during the chorus as the riffs being played would be perfect for that but... he didn't. The riffs are a lot darker and heavier on this too which isn't a bad thing it's... just different for them. I'm going to have to give this a few listens and let it sink in real well before I decide if I like it or not.

Dan

Reaction score
Sounds too much like Teras/other songs from the previous album/Trivium.

See i liked Teras, i dunno it just seems like a totally different band now. Conclusion of an age was a stellar album, this by the sounds of it will just fall in with the good but forgetable albums in my pile. There doesnt seem to be anything there that makes me go 'wow'.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Really? I think it sounds exactly the same as the last album, which is why I'm not fussed. They've got a little more progressive/tech with this one from what I've heard, I just don't feel like they're contributing to music at all.

Dan

Reaction score
I think the previous release was much more melodic. This record seems to be melodic as well dont get me wrong, but its a lot... i dunno its not the 'right' type of melodic. Their last album gave me a million and one ideas, where as ive completely forgot how the track has gone now. Nothing stuck with me.

Dan

Reaction score
Also, the album art reminds me of something that would be used by a deathcore band. They should have stuck with Colin Marks again, that man can do no wrong IMO

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I've always felt bad about saying what I thought about Sylosis before because they are mates, but I now I'm not in Traces anymore I'm not binded to speak kindly of them for professional reasons.

I just don't think that using minor scale Metallica riffs coupled with the occasional Dragonforce solo for an entire album is a legitimate approach to songwriting.

Genome

Reaction score
Reading must have the best metal scene in the country?

Kavnar

Reaction score
Not really into them, but this song seems like a step in the right direction.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I like it more now than I did when I first heard it.

I prefer Serpent's Tongue though, much more aggressive.

GRUNTKOR

- GRANKOR
Reaction score
Saw them live last year with Fear Factoy and was pretty bored by them. This didn't change my mind
shrug.gif

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Saw them live last year with Fear Factoy and was pretty bored by them. This didn't change my mind
shrug.gif

:scratch:

Do you own any of their material? Or is your only experience live?

I'm the opposite. Never seen them live, but love their studio work.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Gotcha. No pressure, but depending on what your taste is, these guys are definately worth checking out on record, and you may be missing out. Good melodies and technically proficient with their instruments. Just a suggestion

Suggested tracks off "Conclusion of an Age":
-Conclusion of an Age
-Teras
-Last Remaining Light

')