New Sylosis track...

Dan

Reaction score
Saw them at Download, they ripped.

That plus the band that played before them brought all the deathcore kids, and they thought theyd try their hand at matching up to a real man in a mosh pit :evil:

There were no survivors :squint:

:lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks these two tracks are fucking awesome?

Josh's vocals are fantastic, I though it'd be tough to live up to Jamie but he isn't trying to, which is great. It sounds a lot darker and heavier overall, and the new vocals seem to be taking it more into death metal (the chorus of the first track reminded me of Joe Duplantier actually). And obviously Josh still shreds like a fucking demon as well.

This is gonna be a good album IMO.

Dan

Reaction score
Ohh was it bleed from within? They seem pretty cool guys, shame about their singer and his longingness to be oli sykes though, theyd be awesome if they had a better singer.

Jontain

Reaction score
Really solid band imo, tis cool to see a band in standard tuning shredding out some epic tunes, looking forward to picking this album up.

Also although bleed from within can be a bit 'core' at times there is alot of potential there.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
:bump: for update:

Was :scratch: since this was "released" last friday, turns out that was just for the UK (I'm assuming) :shrug:.

It's not on the usual online stores, so I got on Amazon, and found it's due to be released in just over a month from now in the US on April 19th :mad:. So mark your calendars ladies...

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
I LOVE Sylosis...they really epitomize tight, proficient thrash metal. I have both "The Supreme Oppressor" and "Conclusion of an Age" and I am just in awe by both albums.

That said, I'm noticing a lot of mixed opinions about the new material/Josh's vocals. I have watched the studio updates on YouTube and I was pretty impressed with what I was hearing...the new album seems to be even more technical and melodic than CoaA, yet with a much darker tone to it (and Josh's vocals sounded freaking brutal). I can't remember why, but I remember hearing Josh say in one of the updates something along the lines of "it might require a few more listens than CoaA to really get accustomed to the songs." Maybe I was just hearing what I wanted to hear haha.

I can't listen to the vids you posted right now bc my comp is screwy but I will give a listen later. I have pretty high hopes for this album but we shall see...

nojyeloot

Reaction score
^

If you like their progression from album to album, you'll love this one (same direction). It's excellent.

Reaction score
bump, because this album is awesome.... a big improvement over Conclusion of an Age, in my opinion... really good songs

')