New Tech Death track check it!

• Thread starter nrwoodman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nrwoodman

Reaction score
It's the song that is resurrecting my old technical death metal band Apophis.

Tell me how you guys like it and please critique the mix although it isn't a final mix, suggestions from a trained ear always helps.:bowdown:

Thanks guys, hope you enjoy. :hbang:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6357658/Enemy of Ra.mp3

-- used SDMF, pod farm with marshal and orange cab impulses, going for a bit smoother chill git tone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
There are a couple sections where your playing's a bit off, which you should definitely focus on fixing before working on the mix.
I would also suggest turning up the bass a dB or so.

The drums could also use a bit more meat, especially the snare. Cool song though overall :yesway:
Reminds me of Decrepit Birth

nrwoodman

Reaction score
yeah for sure my playing wasn't quite up to par, just getting back into playing music that is actually challenging my playing a bit.

how is the guitar tone? i cant seem to find a tone that "fits" the sound but that might just be me.

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
I think the tone is fine as is. But if I were to nitpick I would say that the upper mids need to be tamed a wee bit. Nothing drastic, they're just kind of out of place for this style of song. (It would fit better in a metal/deathcore song IMO)

DrewsifStalin

LOLKATYPERRYGUY
Reaction score
Hey dude! good to see some actual tech death being called as such! Take some room out of the drums for death metaly stuff, I'll tighten the drums up to your guitar tone

Stealth7

Reaction score
I'm diggin' this! :hbang:

BTW is Nile a big influence on your music?

Fionn

Reaction score
very noice, id agree with above post, guitars need less hid mids and more low mids... composition is mint!

nrwoodman

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys, I've been busy with lots of other things, but I'm going to address some of the mix issues probably tomorrow.

And vocals are coming soon for both the tracks that i posted here I'm stoked to be getting this band back together.

Stealth7

Reaction score
Do you have a myspace or something where we can listen to all your tracks?

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score

Tomo009

Reaction score
Love the mix, so powerful. The bass drums actually seem to have some bass in them which is a plus. Overall just a great mix, tight mix and great composition. So many great recording up at the moment, wish I could produce metal of this quality.

nrwoodman

Reaction score
Thanks guys, there will be more of this music to come, probably going to post a thread of the whole album once its done, gonna be some awesome shit once you hear my vocalist lay some tracks down for this.

nrwoodman

Reaction score
Thanks man, I'll play with the mids in guitars a bit more when i get home.

')