The HAARP Machine Megathread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mboogie7

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Reaction score
Back to the topic though, it's sad to see such a talented player succumbing to the same "it's-on-the-internet-therefor-true" brainrot that a lot of people are going through the last 10 years or so. The guy had a really original sound and just sort of disappeared.
It’s absolutely insane. Somewhat off topic but still relevant - the amount of simps that believe AI photos are real is incredibly alarming.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
Back to the topic though, it's sad to see such a talented player succumbing to the same "it's-on-the-internet-therefor-true" brainrot that a lot of people are going through the last 10 years or so.
I don't really think this was the main problem with the band being super inconsistent. Seemed to be just awful to work for/with even before the conspiracy nonsense. I don't think being terminally online is the root of the issue and lack of musical focus.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
I don't really think this was the main problem with the band being super inconsistent. Seemed to be just awful to work for/with even before the conspiracy nonsense. I don't think being terminally online is the root of the issue and lack of musical focus.

I wouldn't know as I've honestly never followed anything about the dude. I remember there was some sort of controversy surrounding his music when they first popped, but I don't remember much about it. I thought it was like a "not really playing the music" type of thing, but idk.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I wouldn't know as I've honestly never followed anything about the dude. I remember there was some sort of controversy surrounding his music when they first popped, but I don't remember much about it. I thought it was like a "not really playing the music" type of thing, but idk.
First tour was a disaster because everyone hired into the band could play the music except the guy who wrote the music, then it was a constant rotation of band members even when nothing was going on, then he wanted to be the singer (presumably because that would be easier than learning the stitched-together guitar riffs), then shit actually got crazy with like threats of personal harm and then trying to be a fitness influencer and it just devolved from there, IIRC.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So uh
does he even have any close friends or family? Like in-person?
It really does feel like someone close to him needs to check on him.

Ataraxia2320

Reaction score
First tour was a disaster because everyone hired into the band could play the music except the guy who wrote the music, then it was a constant rotation of band members even when nothing was going on, then he wanted to be the singer (presumably because that would be easier than learning the stitched-together guitar riffs), then shit actually got crazy with like threats of personal harm and then trying to be a fitness influencer and it just devolved from there, IIRC.

Wait, I missed the time he was trying to be a fitness influencer. What!

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
"Ursula from The Little Mermaid." Having that randomly thrown in actually made me lol.

Otherwise it's a shame, hope he gets ahold of this stuff. It's definitely a lonely fuckin world.

ThePIGI King

Jiu Jitsu Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh the band is named after an infamous source of conspiracy theories about the US govt engineering weather control. That he's gone down this rabbit hole isn't really surprising to me.
You haven't heard about the weather and earthquke machines in the arctic?

Well, clearly I'm going to have create a progressive post-melodic tech death band witha hint of meth-core to inform the entire world.

Nothing spreads awareness to issues like singing about them in a band where the band members parents don't even come to shows.

Robrecht

Overall weird person
Reaction score
My thoughts as well. Justin Lowe was 32 when he went from "somethings seems wrong" to dead in what felt like no time at all.

The internet is good for snark but hoping there's someone in his life that can step in and get him the help he needs.
I haven't followed the story that closely but honestly, with what I do remember – the controversy around the time the album came out and the lineup changes in the years after – I don't think you can count on there still being anyone in his life to step in. If he's that hard to work with, even for professional musicians, family and friends may not have stuck around either.

If there are no threats in the videos – or are there? I can't bear to watch them, the titles alone are :ugh: – then I suppose alerting the authorities of wherever he resides right now won't lead to anything?

Isn't there anybody here who has any kind of access to him or people in his vicinity?

It feels bad that so many people are seeing this getting worse and have a bad feeling about it but can't do anything about it. What if something does happen?

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
@Robrecht He turned off comments because folks were, ya know, being the internet. He definitely got input about how off base he is before he silenced them, though. Of course, less than helpful input- because, ya know.

Basically the long and short of it as far as I can gather is he thinks celebs are directing hidden meanings in their songs/movies/social media about how they are in love with him and/or hate him. There are lots of logical bridges too far between it all, but it's predicated on this fascination with "poetry" (called it) which he believes is either polarly adorative or hostile towards him. It's very obviously a miscarriage of certainty which more than just borders on unhealthy, but I don't think he's actually dangerous. There are plenty of absolutely bonkers, but entirely swell people out there, the only worry I really see being valid is for his own emotional health. I have no idea though, everyone can be unpredictable.

Definitely see parallels to Justin from ATB, but I haven't really dove into that story either.

RoRo56

Reaction score
I don't think you can count on there still being anyone in his life to step in. If he's that hard to work with, even for professional musicians, family and friends may not have stuck around either.

I know he wasn't particularly close with many people. IIRC his mum passed away in recent years so he might not have any family to check in on him.

There was a guy on the forum called Kevin Heiderich who played guitar for them at a Euroblast show in 2019. Not sure if he would still have a means of contacting Al but knowing his history, He probably burnt that bridge long ago.