New Tony MacAlpine tracks!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
A friend of mine introduced me to Malmsteen and Tony on the same day - my brain was totally fried and I've never stopped liking either of them :)

This is certainly a heavier Tony, but he retains that highly inventive and musical edge that's always been a trademark. Progressive, groovy, well produced.......with some killer solos.

Looking forward to the whole album!

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
yes!!!!! i just got so pumped.

i remember hearing tony in 9th grade, his madness album along with paul gilberts get out of my yard changed the way i look at guitar

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Madness? Good Lord, that's a while back.

This is even further away from the present and one of those tracks which still blows my mind in many ways:

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
so he ditched seven the hard way? because that was most likely the most atrocious stuff ive ever heard from an artist of tonys skill and format (honestly i only listened to the single but this was enough)

Sollesnes

Reaction score
I've been waiting for this ever since I saw pictures of him with an 8 string. I love this! His melodic way of playing mixed with these heavy riffs. Love it!

Christian Muenzner

Reaction score
Ah, sounds great! One of my favorite players and biggest influences ever. Glad to see his back with some solo stuff! And the more modern elements fit very well with his style! I'll defineately be picking this up!

MatthewK

Reaction score
Cool! Tony was the first "shredder" I ever heard, I happened across his Star Licks instructional video when I was just starting guitar. Kind of funny, because that ended up being exactly the kind of playing that interests me.

Anyway, this stuff sounds great! Especially after listening to that Seven The Hardway crap. My God that was terrible.

XxXPete

Reaction score
Like Christian said..one of my MAIN influences..and he's BACK w Intense melodies with progressive overtones..I love it.And hes RIPPING!!

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
im loving the 8 string use... now ibanez needs to make a lo-pro edge 8 and start stocking them on the RG2228s

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been a huge Tony Mac fan for quite a while now.
I'm glad to see him putting out some new material that sounds this good!

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
ahh missing 2 days of internet sucks. Missed these! I usually see everything Tony does on facebook, he actually updates it quite frequently! At least twice a day. Everyone add him up =]

Latest posts

')