New Tool Songs

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will have to see these in context, assuming we're actually going to get these in a studio recording. Hard to get much from the vids but they sound kind of like cariactures of Tool songs.

Strobe

Reaction score
It's kind of rare to really love a song the first time you hear it.

I do dig these new songs, but am not yet blown away. I am excited for new Tool. It's kind of like pizza. Even when it's not great, it's still pretty good.

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
Glad to see things are moving forward, will listen to it once it is pressed and shipped. Need to sit down and listen to it thoroughly, they've earned that.

Boofchuck

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
What a shockingly uninterested audience.
I don't get it, I almost cried just listening to it on my phone. But it's been a hard couple of years and tool is very near and dear to me.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Will have to see these in context, assuming we're actually going to get these in a studio recording. Hard to get much from the vids but they sound kind of like cariactures of Tool songs.

Yeah, I agree. Basically sounds like they took some really rough ideas they had left over from 10,00 days, which was leftovers from Lateralus, and threw some stuff together really quick to present to the audience, which is nice and sounds good, but compared to previous works, doesn't really stand up. It seems like they are sick of doing it themselves and just maybe fulfilling some contractual obligation? I love Tool but I'm not sure they love themselves even any more. OOOOHH whaaahHHh nooOOOOoOOoo!!! He talked a little shit about Tool. Everyone attack! : )

chipchappy

thudmaster
Reaction score
Not shocked, sounds like every other Tool thing I used to like. I'll still listen to the new album when it comes out but I don't expect much out of these dudes anymore.

Avedas

Reaction score
Sounds like Tool. Good shit, nothing new.

Doug N

Reaction score
I'm never able to get into songs at first listen, especially when it's a live recording. I usually start to really appreciate a song after I've listened to it a bunch of times, especially if they're complex in any way. I'm guessing I'll love the songs, I've liked 90% of anything that Tool has ever done. Looking forward to the album release.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Gave them a spin to see if after all these years I might like Tool finally. Nope.

Appreciate the influence they have had on the prog scene, still can't get into it though.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Yup sounds like a Tool song.

Yeah I don't really get why people say this like it's a bad thing. If I like Tool, I want them to sound like Tool. And they do. I'm excited, as someone who lost all faith in another album ever coming out.
I will say though that Descending sounded way better than Invincible. I'm stoked though.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Honestly though, Tool live is a very different thing than their recorded output. Without all of the amazing layering and whatnot, Tool is basically just a really decent rock act with complicated time signatures sometimes. I’m not even wasting my time listening to cellphone recordings of them, because that isn’t how their songs need to be heard.

MYGFH

Music your GF hates
Reaction score
I'm old now. I first saw them in '93 right around when Sober blew up on Mtv. This band's catalog is nothing short of amazing. But I don't listen to them anymore. There's too much new music by bands who are killing it and need the support. I will buy the new album. But I haven't missed them.

chopeth

Reaction score
Album finished by 2138

This gives me hope for a new Necrophagist album.

nah, just kidding.

')