New Tosin Abasi/AnimalsAsLeaders Clip "Tempting Time"

animalsasleader

Reaction score
Here it is! The sweeping portion of "tempting time". Unfortunately I didn't do an instructional portion of this lick because it was intended to just be a teaser. I can tell you that it's based off of an augmented C major 7th arpeggio descending in a tripplet 16th note sequence....(with a little whipped cream on top)
More to come!
Enojoi!

On a side note...I just want to thank everyone on this forum for sharing so many encouraging words about this project. This is definitely a great online community!:hbang:

3-D Animation by Jay Wynne for AFTER
Animals As Leaders (our album is now available!) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
PROSTHETIC RECORDS.COM

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shaneroo

Oh, herrrrro......
Forum MVP
Reaction score
not too shabby ;)
nice directional picking as well.

Mwoit

Reaction score
You're a monster!

I'm sold man, I'll be buying that album as soon as I get cash! :)

Nats

Reaction score
i'm still waiting for mine in the mail

and yeah, that was amazing

ZeroSignal

Meal Team Six
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy shit! That has got to be some of the best playing I've ever seen. I cried a little when I thought I'll probably never ever be able to play something like that. :lol:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
That shit is mind blowing, I was trying to be good and buy the album but none of the local stores seem to carry it, so I guess I have to order it online.

Swippity Swappity

Lovely Boy
Reaction score
Holy fuck, looks like the video was sped up you can play so fast. You honestly have to be one of the best guitarists ever.

CLONE

Reaction score
...superb! Got the CD+shirt yesterday by the way! Best CD this year! :-D

animalsasleader

Reaction score
that was pretty intense. what tuning is the guitar in? just curious... might try to start figuring out bits

I'm in standard tuning. This is the only song on the album on that isn't in standard ( on the 8 string tunes I drop the lowest string to E ) but that's still 7 other strings with standard intervals so i just kind of think of it that way....
You should definitely give it a try though! The first portion is essentially the same shape in 3 octaves (if that helps):scratch:

Coryd

Reaction score
Thanks for the vid Tosin!

Gosh i wish i could play as good as you do!