New track from my band, EMERGENTSEA! [Post-Hardcore/Metal]

hypotc

Reaction score
Hello! Just wanted to share my bands new track "VALUES"!

It can be downloaded for free here:
EMERGENTSEA

Any feedback is GREATLY appreciated! Would love to hear peoples opinion!

Also, if you like what you hear, don't hesitate to check out our facebook fan page!
http://www.facebook.com/emergentsea

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fassaction

Reaction score
Hey man, noticed nobody really commented yet so Ill give you some feedback...When someone asks for feedback, I tend to give it a more critical listen.

The overall production sounds excellent. The song, musically speaking, is pretty awesome. It has its "metalcore" moments, but it also has this chaotic nature to it at certain points of the song that really shines and makes the song stand out.

Vocally....there was a lot I didnt like about it, but there was a lot I did like as well. I totally dig the chorus section, at least I think its a chorus section. The main verse vocals are so monotone and lack any kind of variety, towards the end of the track I was starting to think they were pretty boring. They lack any sort of emotion or passion. Once the chorus section kicks in, its a whole different story. Not sure if its different vocalist, but its just an over all stronger performance from the chorus sections. When you have a vocalist that solely relies on one style of harsh vocals for the entire song, it makes the main vocals less memorable. thankfully you guys mixed it up a bit, gave the song some depth.

Overall a cool track. Was this self produced? IF so, NICE WORK!! Production sounds nice and tight without being overly processed. Would definitely love to hear some more from you guys.

hypotc

Reaction score
Hey man, I really appreciate the feedback!

It's indeed one vocalist who does all the vocals. We pretty much intended the vocals to be like this, obiously! I think the shouting screams (chorusparts) will catch people off guard, and maybe seperate us from some of the other post-hardcore/metalcore bands out there.

As for the production, I'm producing everything myself. Using a Pod X3 Live for guitars and bass tones. The drums are SD2.0 with a blend of the kick, snare and toms from the chango kit.

Glad you like what you hear! We will be releasing an album later this summer, which also features another vocalist. We actually disbanded late 2011, so now we're just rerecording our old EP + newer songs! :)

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
Something about the vocals doesn't sit all that well with the mix. The rest is awesome, though. Also, who did that artwork? I really like it.

hypotc

Reaction score
A friend of mine who is a photographer made that artwork for us! He will also be doing the cover for our full length!

Flashes

Reaction score
Emerdjentsea?:lol:

No i'm kidding.
I personally like it.
As stated above, the "chorus" sounds awesome.
I think the 'regular screaming' does a good job of leading into the epicness of the chorus at the beginning and end.
Downloading now!
:hbang:

hypotc

Reaction score
Haha, Flashes. I really hate our band name actually. We named the band in 2008, and I quickly started thinking it was ultra lame.

Appreciate all the feedback! :)

')