New Trivium Video - Anthem

• Thread starter Regor
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Maybe I'm indifferent.

I definitely am. It's nothing I'd shut off if it came on the radio or anything, but it's also nothing I'd ever buy. It's just not that interesting...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Regor said:
I don't know if this has been posted yet or not...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/video/showVideo.aspx?fileID=1780

I know there are Trivium haters on this board, but I don't care. I like 'em.

I like their playing and songs, but I never cared for the growling vocals. So I'm glad to see that they're gone from this album. Although what I've heard from their new album so far doesn't sound like their old material, I am liking it. It may not be as 'metalcore' as it was before, but it's still good, aaaaand... you can't tell me this song doesn't sound like something that would have came out during the 80s? All their naysayers kept ragging on them for wearing T-shirts of their favorite bands saying that it was a marketing ploy... well, their music sounds like those bands now, now doesn't it? So much for that theory.

I for one can't wait until next week.

I'm actually going to pick this new CD up, because I've always liked the music, I just didn't care for the vocals, because I can only tolerate some growlers.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Wow. They sounded like AJFA-era Metallica on the first single, Powerslave-(2 Minutes to Midnight)-era Iron Maiden on the second, and now Skid Row-(Youth Gone Wild)-era Skid Row. :lol:

Which is exactly why I will buy this album. Metallica doesn't sound like AJFA anymore. Maiden doesn't sound like Powerslave anymore. Skid Row doesn't sound like, well, Skid Row anymore.

There's a band out there from Sweden called Hellfueled. They sound EXACTLY like No Rest for The Wicked / No More Tears era Ozzy & Zakk. Well, that's my favorite era Ozzy. So I totally love those guys.

If the 'originals' can't do it anymore, then I'm all for someone else doing it, cuz it's still good music any way you slice it.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
^ I don't disagree with that argument.

It does take a bit of getting used to, from a listening perspective, though. At least for me. Especially since my mind tends to think of OLD music that I like (all the stuff we both mentioned) and NEW music that I like (Opeth, LoG, Nevermore, etc.), which sounds very different from the old stuff.

When something is both NEW and OLD, well... :lol: It's a trip.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
If the 'originals' can't do it anymore, then I'm all for someone else doing it, cuz it's still good music any way you slice it.

When that is what I want to hear, I just go back and listen to the old albums. Otherwise, I try to look for bands that have their own sound. Nevermore doesn't sound like anyone else, which is why I wind up listening to lots of Nevermore.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw LeatherWolf at ProgPower this year. Weren't my thing.

Maybe they aren't 'clone' enuff for me? :fawk:

')