New Vader/Diezel pics and thoughts

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
My Diezel Herbert finally arrived today, and my Vader 2x12 came about 10 days ago. I got the tubes installed and biased. This monster is incredibly heavy. I'm a pretty small dude, so I'm not looking forward to carrying this up and down steps for gigs.

Both pieces of gear are built very well. I have two Vader 4x12s, so I knew I'd be getting a quality cab. The speakers definitely are not broken in yet though. That makes it very hard to get a feel for the cab and the head at this point.

It's kind of a pain to have the older model that requires you to pull the chassis out for biasing (not a huge deal though). I feel kind of spoiled with all the unnecessary features of my ENGL SE. It's going to take me a bit to get used to how the Herbert differs fundmentally. I'm going to reserve my opinions until I spend the proper time with the rig.

This is just my practice stuff for at home right now. I'm going to take some pictures of my other Vader/ENGL/Laboga stuff at practice on Sunday and post pictures for everyone that's been asking.

Gear024.jpg

Gear026.jpg

Gear026.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Congrats, although the Herbert would appreciate it if that Krankenstein was placed elsewhere, preferably in a furnace of your choosing ;)

The newly revised Herberts I've been getting in my shop sound so fucking amazing, if there was one amp that I could ever see myself playing thats not a Pittbull, it would be that. It sounds obscene through the new Diezel cabs but I hear nothing but good stuff about Vader too :metal:

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Congrats, although the Herbert would appreciate it if that Krankenstein was placed elsewhere, preferably in a furnace of your choosing ;)

Yeah. I haven't played the Krankenstein in about 3 years. I despise how it sounds. I've held onto it for a bit because Sara from The Breathing Process rents it from time to time for recording and touring.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah. I haven't played the Krankenstein in about 3 years. I despise how it sounds. I've held onto it for a bit because Sara from The Breathing Process rents it from time to time for recording and touring.

Little tip for ya: try putting a JJ ECC83 Gold Pin in V1.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Nice dude. But seriously, having those two heads in the same room can't be good for the Kranks self esteem.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
The Krank definitely knows its place. It sat above two ENGLS for awhile as well. I'm sure its self-esteem is long gone by now.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
congrats man, one of the best amps ever. (and i'm not talking about the Krank :D )

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
If that Krank needs a good home, my brother needs an amp - Christmas is right around the corner :)

I'd like a job that allowed me an ENGL halfstack and a Diezel halfstack. And a place to use them, of course!

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Great setup there dude :) I'm even jealous of the Krank ;):lol: I really like some of the tones you can get out of em, though obviously nothing compared to the Herbert :eek: