New Washburn 7 string, not announced at Namm

• Thread starter OrsusMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
I was just informed by my store manager, Jon at Funky Munky Music, that Washburn is releasing a 7 string version of the WM. They haven't posted pictures yet or released information on it as it wasn't ready for NAMM. It is supposed to be ready very soon though. Here is the link to the page with the 6's so you can get an idea of what it will look like if you don't know.

HM Series | Electrics

He told me that it WILL have the Phenolic fingerboard, which is pretty badass! No idea if it's a fixed bridge or trem model yet, but I should find out more tomorrow and will update this thread as I know more.

I already have mine on order! I'm excited as I really, REALLY loved the 6 string version I had (the WV).

UPDATE:

Specs so far:
Mahogany body
Bolt on
Fixed bridge, string through body
Passive pickups

Street price: $399.99

There are no official pictures by Washburn yet. Only the CAD drawings. They are being forwarded to me today and I'll post them up here. Jon told me it looks exactly like the 6 string version, but with 7 strings of course. :metal:

UPDATE for PICTURE:

hm7.jpg

DSC02666.jpg

EDIT

So I just found out some more news. These are pretty damn limited. There are only 12 of these in black and only 12 in red. We have all of them coming to our store. So you aren't going to see these anywhere else.

Jon basically told me that these were a trial basis. If all of these get sold, they will most likely make more. But if they don't, these will probably be the only ones seeing the light of day. So buy them up guys! Especially if you want to see possibly trem models later on. Or just more of these.

If you want one email Jon. Here is his email address - funkymunkymusic@gmail.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
This is relevant to my interests. While never owning one, I've always loved the WM series. They'd be even more slick as a 7.

MickD7

Reaction score
man i cant wait to see a seven string version of a WM i wondered if washburn would release another seven. :hbang: now ill need to get one.

I_infect

Reaction score
I was an inch away from grabbing a phenolic 6 string, these things look awesome. Now I have to hold out for the 7 with a phenolic! Can't wait to see these. Prices?

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7-string with the Parker fretboard? That's one baby step closer!

I_infect

Reaction score
NAMM was pretty dull for me this year guitar-wise... I wasn't really excited about any of the new models until I heard this.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
wm526b.jpg

That as a 7 is going to be one nice looking axe. Its' really awesome that so many companies are putting more support behind the guitars past normal 6 strings.

I_infect

Reaction score
just bloody hoping no one pulls an EMG moment ala Ibanez

They might just do that... if they are in a rush to get this out, it would be easier for them to drop a set of EMGs in it then have Randall design an ULTRA-XL-7 pickup:lol: Seriously though, it would be a reason to raise the price a bit more also.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
You'll be amazed at the price, trust me. ;) I was told not to say anything on price right now. My boss said he'd try to get me some pictures and prices tomorrow. It's real folks, and not far away at all.

Also, I'm willing to bet that this thing won't have EMGs.

If I get pictures tomorrow I'll post them up here. I'm already way too anxious to wait for pictures and already have one on order! If you're anything like me and want to preorder one, email Funky Munky Music or call them up. I'm not trying to pimp out sales to my store or anything as I'm not a salesman, just a teacher. But as far as I know, Jon has been the only one to know about these as my store does a lot of close work with Washburn.

I_infect

Reaction score
If you're anything like me and want to preorder one, email Funky Munky Music or call them up. I'm not trying to pimp out sales to my store or anything as I'm not a salesman, just a teacher. But as far as I know, Jon has been the only one to know about these as my store does a lot of close work with Washburn.

Yeah, I've seen he's got quite a bit of Nuno's stuff. I'll be calling/emailing for sure.

the.godfather

Mr. Flibble
Reaction score
One of those in a 7 wouldn't be bad news at all! And nearly all of the Washburn stuff I've tried in the past has felt of a good quality. I still miss the X50 Pro I used to own to this day. I'll keep my eyes open for this one methinks! :yesway:

tian

Reaction score
If this was a USA model and not an export I would be pretty excited because it would open up some interesting opportunities for future Parkers, but a phenolic fingerboard on a wooden neck does nothing for me or my dreams of a seven string Fly.

Reaction score
this is awesome i was hoping for a 6 string one of these that was meant to be in my hands by now but im assuming the order fell through and havent had contact with seller. probably get one of these instead.

')